Deer - lets see em

My daughter and I in the Ochoco's in Central Oregon. She sprung it and it ran past me... I much would have preferred the opposite. I used a Kimber Montana .308 with an Ultralight Leupold (5lb 12 oz perfection). She's using my Model 70 Stainless Featherweight CRF in 6.5 Swede, Leupold. I think I have retired that as a "loaner" it's getting to valuable. We quartered and packed it a 1.5 miles back to the truck with my brother in law in the background making his way down to us. Fantastic day.
IMG_9579.jpg

My daughter and I in the Ochoco's in Central Oregon. She sprung it and it ran past me... I much would have preferred the opposite. I used a Kimber Montana .308 with an Ultralight Leupold (5lb 12 oz perfection). She's using my Model 70 Stainless Featherweight CRF in 6.5 Swede, Leupold. I think I have retired that as a "loaner" it's getting to valuable. We quartered and packed it a 1.5 miles back to the truck with my brother in law in the background making his way down to us. Fantastic day.
View attachment 302319
Nice buck. Congrats.

Was the guy in the background with you or was he just a random photobomber in the woods/on the trail?

My son has been patient all muzzleloader season, passing on all does and small bucks hoping for a decent buck
He had 3 does step out early on Friday (last day) and then, about an hour later, this buck stepped out
This is the second largest he has taken and the largest on our landIMG_6242.jpeg

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MontanaPete59102
Back