Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Deer - lets see em

I thought about it, but ultimately decided to wait until the end of the season I feel it gives it some character. Well that and I'm just being lazy

My truck became the parking lot hang out senior year of high school during lunch. By rifle season it was to the point that 6-8 people would be sitting in the truck bed before I even made it out there. My dad, my uncle, and I were able to triple up on a bachelor group opening weekend. I opted to not wash the bed out. That cleared the riffraff out real quick.

Private land whitetail here in Kentucky but might as well been public with 14 people on 98 acres. Grateful to the landowner who gave me permission but he also gives it to many more. It was hard finding a spot with no hunters but most of them chose fields while I chose to hunt a pinch point in the hardwoods with tons of acorns. Couldn't be happier to break out the 243. Since they been kicking my butt all month with a bow.

Attachments

• IMG_20231112_124656345.jpg
    IMG_20231112_124656345.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 66
  • IMG_20231111_171426493.jpg
    IMG_20231111_171426493.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 65
Last edited:
Private land whitetail here in Kentucky but might as well been public with 14 people on 98 acres. Grateful to the landowner who gave me permission but he also gives it to many more. It was hard finding a spot with no hunters but most of them chose fields while I chose to hunt a pinch point in the hardwoods with tons of acres. Couldn't be happier to break out the 243. Since they been kicking my butt all month with a bow.
Man talk about a two faced buck. Left and right just aren't anywhere near thr same deer!

Congrats! How did F&G age it?
At the checkpoint near Fort Musselshell. I had another member recommend sending in my own tooth for aging. They just opened the lower jaw and checked the molars, it seemed less than scientific… I honestly thought this buck was probably 3.5 years old based on body size, he only weighed about 150 lbs dressed out. But I’m not a biologist

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trapper330
Back