Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Deer - lets see em

All were taken of my little 165 acre slice of heaven in the TX hill country. That last one was rutted down hard when I shot him in late December vs when I saw him opening day in November. I felt kinda bad when I walked up to him.
View attachment 107689
Awesome deer! What area of the Hill Country are you in? I am in the San Marcos area, but work for a company that has me traveling all over the hill country. Also that last deer is so unique. I love it.

I'm new here on the forum. This is a buck I took in 2016 and a buck I helped my brother-in-law with in 2018. Both taken here in TX.

Attachments

• James Deer.jpg
    James Deer.jpg
    263.5 KB · Views: 55
  • Chris Buck 2018.jpg
    Chris Buck 2018.jpg
    214.1 KB · Views: 56
Awesome deer! What area of the Hill Country are you in? I am in the San Marcos area, but work for a company that has me traveling all over the hill country. Also that last deer is so unique. I love it.

Thank you sir and welcome to the forum. You got some great bucks posted yourself. I hunt in the San Saba area.

Thank you sir and welcome to the forum. You got some great bucks posted yourself. I hunt in the San Saba area.
I pass through the San Saba area frequently on my way from Hays county up to Coleman county where our ranch is. Some very nice deer around San Saba!

B627CE51-6BD8-4023-9686-7D8E0E5F9CCE.jpeg
My best Mulie, I think it was 2004 when I was 21. After almost a week of hardly seeing a deer I was hiking back to camp for lunch when I saw him and his 2 buddies browsing ahead miraculously before they saw me strolling along not paying enough attention. Luckily the wind was right and luck was on my side in every way possible too. It only took about 5 minutes to close the distance to 45 yards, I made a clean shot and he went down fast. It’s been a couple of years since I drew a mulie tag, sure hoping for a repeat opportunity next year!

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back