MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Deer - lets see em

After taking a couple nice muleys the last 2 years, my step son wanted to take his first whitetail. The whole family was able to get in on the tracking job after we had to give him a little time to expire. I knew he was hit hard but didn’t go down right away. A short tracking job later and we found him. DC83FB5C-7776-4E82-9CD8-C1CDECA730CE.jpegEC064FD1-4B96-4D0F-A90F-60A8F3ADC200.jpeg

After taking a couple nice muleys the last 2 years, my step son wanted to take his first whitetail. The whole family was able to get in on the tracking job after we had to give him a little time to expire. I knew he was hit hard but didn’t go down right away. A short tracking job later and we found him. View attachment 249855View attachment 249856
Awesome.

With above average temperatures here in the Midwest the weather finally turned cooler and I was able to fill my tag on a deer that I've had 9 encounters with this fall. Good luck to all those with a tag still in their pocket!

Attachments

• IMG_20221112_104854393~2.jpg
    IMG_20221112_104854393~2.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_20221112_091359070.jpg
    IMG_20221112_091359070.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 20
Went back to my old stomping grounds on a weapons restricted area. Rattled this buck into about 35 yards and one slug was all that was needed. He came in on a dead sprint. It was really cool to see, and happened fast.
We had a half mile pack out, pretty straightforward and it was one of those 'right place, right time' kind of hunts. Really fun to get out and rattle in a buck. Tons of deer sign, rubs, etc. I used the same beat up Rem 870 with the bead sight that I have used on doves, ducks, geese, pheasants and deer. I am officially a "short range" slug gun hunter.

1668530763097.png

Went back to my old stomping grounds on a weapons restricted area. Rattled this buck into about 35 yards and one slug was all that was needed. He came in on a dead sprint. It was really cool to see, and happened fast.
We had a half mile pack out, pretty straightforward and it was one of those 'right place, right time' kind of hunts. Really fun to get out and rattle in a buck. Tons of deer sign, rubs, etc. I used the same beat up Rem 870 with the bead sight that I have used on doves, ducks, geese, pheasants and deer. I am officially a "short range" slug gun hunter.

View attachment 250187

View attachment 250189
I'm guessing you've got a hell of a rec room. Anybody ever tell you that you look like Burt Gummer?

Congrats on the great buck!

View attachment 250187

View attachment 250189
I like a photo where you can look at it and feel the temperature. Real nice buck and field pics.

Opening morning in November, New Mexico. We bumped a young 3x3 mid morning and had the sun right over our heads, and he just stood there looking at us broadside for 60 seconds. I think I could have held out for a bigger buck had I gone higher up the mountain, but I'm glad I took the shot when I did. First animal I've taken on my own! I've had chances on elk and antelope in the past couple years that just didn't pan out, so to end this year on a high note was great.

KIMG0664.JPG

KIMG0667.JPG

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chughes
Back