DEER LEASE CUTOVER

DRAFTSTUD

I had to go up to my Deer lease to set up an Electric pole before I move my camp in after work yesterday. After that we drove around to see how the logging the owner was having done was progressing. We will be able to wave at each other! Last year this place looked like you were hunting in a park, big oaks, free flowing bayous (creeks). But, the owner told me that he was in the timber business, not the hunting business, so I guess he is a man of his word! We will be able to make shooting lanes after the Mexicans get through planting the pine seedlings, provided they can slip past Cjcj :D I once found eleven waiting to plant seedlings at another lease, they were all in a Chevy Monte Carlo! They had worked so fast cutting the trees that there was'nt a tower stand standing, if it's in the way, boom, now it's not! I had my other 1200 acres for 12 years, maybe this will turn out OK, Whitetails like cutovers and if you do a little work up front you can develop a good lease. I know there were tons of deer in the stuff starting to sprout up where they had cut already. Until I can buy my own property I guess I can't complain, although I can let off a little steam :mad: Is logging a big problem for anyone else?

Yeah, I think thats why I love my trips out west, years ago we had it that way, in my teens and my early twenties you could hunt all over, I knew of just one "Deer Club". But that was before Timber companies got into leasing. I know of leases going for $20.00 an acre in some areas of Louisiana.

Draftstud......I see you are from here in town.
You should drop me a line and I'll show you my collection of dead stuff. I may can even give you a few pointers on your hunting dilema with the new cut. More than likely, the landowner just did you guys a huge ass favor, though it will take a couple of years to reap the rewards.

There is only one thing I know better than my name, and that is how to hunt whitetails.....

I'm in Bossier and my email is [email protected]

DS,

How have you been making out?

Good to see you still wake up on the right side of the grass!!!

Hope all is well...

Bill

Hey Bill......longtime no hear. Things are heading in the right direction around here. All the usual bullshit is put on hold while plots and plans of dead bulls and nice racks take hold.
The prioritys are a changing....a sure sign of fall approaching....and all is right in the universe when one holds that coveted tag ;)

Hope things are good with you and yours.....and slay yourself some good critters this fall!
DS

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back