Deer Hunt

Racky

I currently have 19 preference points for Deer and i am looking for some advice for the best location to use them this year.

Welcome to the forum!

What state do you have the points, and will you be applying as an R or NR?

Resident. Used 20 points for Archery area 10 two seasons ago. Amazing hunt.

It’s not as simple as x unit with x points. Here are some questions to start the process. Also get a go hunt membership and us promo code randy for all the $50 in the store and the entry into the Utah governors elk tag...

What kind of hunt experience are you looking for? What season? How hard do you want to work? How much time are you going to devote to scouting? How much of the season are you going to hunt? What type of weapon are you using? Base camp or backcountry? DIY or guided? Pack stock or no?

Huh? mtmuley
Your posts are usually short, like 2-3 sentences. New guy Racky here, your lucky to get 2 words. We’re all trying to get him to share some more info about his hunting plans to answer his OP question, but no dice so far.

Failed attempt at humor, nm

First time i have ever used one of these forums. Not looking for a lesson on how to hunt. I know the effort it takes to get a nice animal here in Colorado.Have never hunted deer but i have harvested many elk both archery and rifle. If you have or ever get to hunt area 10 you will know what it takes to get an animal out of there from the public side.I was was just simply looking at a suggestion before tomorrow's deadline.I had a feeling that these forums where a joke!!!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: LCH
First time i have ever used one of these forums. Not looking for a lesson on how to hunt. I know the effort it takes to get a nice animal here in Colorado.Have never hunted deer but i have harvested many elk both archery and rifle. If you have or ever get to hunt area 10 you will know what it takes to get an animal out of there from the public side.I was was just simply looking at a suggestion before tomorrow's deadline.I had a feeling that these forums where a joke!!!!!!
No one is trying to give you a lesson on how to hunt, you asked a question with no details... I asked follow up questions to give you a recommendation on which unit would fit your “once in a lifetime” tag since you saved up 20 points. One guys 20 point unit may differ greatly from another guys 20 point unit. But if you feel this place is a joke you could have spent some time on the forum, searches into other posts, commented on others hunts, and pm’d people that hunted units with similar amounts of points. Takes a little effort on your part but you can learn a ton here if your willing to put in the effort.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Openseason44
Back