Deer Heads

maxx

The one on the left is my sons Muzzle Loader deer, not bad for an 11 year. The one on the right is my archery buck this year. We got them back this weekend. That kids is pretty dam proud of that buck! I think they turned out great.

Maxx, That is a damn nice deer for anyone, even better that he is only 11! Who is your taxidermist? It looks like he/she does a variety of critters!

Maxx, That is a damn nice deer for anyone, even better that he is only 11! Who is your taxidermist? It looks like he/she does a variety of critters!

Chris Hoskins he is just north of Madrid. Great guy and does really good work. The majority of what he does is deer but he will take on a few other things. He did a 3/4 bear head for my dad a few years back. I am typically not a big fan of them but it was really cool. He normally has a handful of African animals in which is always cool to look at.

Bad news is he is moving to Colorado in the next few months once he gets his place sold. He told me to keep his number and he will still do work for me. He has a friend that is going to cape and freeze the animals for him and then he is going to make a few trips back and forth.

My taxidermist moved to Colorado a few years ago too, he loves to mount cats and thought the opportunity would be greater in the West. I have had one deer mounted since he moved there and I sent it with a mutual friend who was going to be a couple hours away for an elk hunt. The next fall when I was elk hunting I picked up my buck, and also brought back several other heads for him. He paid for my gas and some of the guys I brought back deer for gave us a small amount that they would have paid in shipping. I think it worked out good for everyone involved. It is worth the hassle of arranging to get the deer to your taxidermist if you trust he will do good work. I would rather pay a little extra and wait a couple more months to get my mount back then to look at crap on my wall forever, or worse not even be able to hang it on the wall because its not good quality.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back