Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Deer farts

Are deer farts real?

• No, my flatulence does not smell like the animal I just gutted.

Votes: 12 28.6%
  • Yes, after I gut an animal my flatulence smells like guts.

Votes: 25 59.5%
  • It’s not me, but we have a guy in camp…

Votes: 5 11.9%

• Total voters

Gellar

We all have that one buddy in camp, we aren’t sure how he got invited or when he started to show up, but now he’s part of the group and we couldn’t imagine camp without him. Except there is 1 problem. We always joke in deer camp about having the deer farts. I swear I just passed gas and it smelt like the turkey I gutted on Sunday.

Anything gut shot that I handle. Being nearby doesn’t do the same as getting your hands dirty, but it’s real. Grouse and deer are probably the worst.

I fell into the pond when I was 6, muck farts had mom sending me to the porch to sleep.
Ever since when I'm in the muck somewhere, pond farts follow.
A reason I quit water bird hunting too. Goose farts. LOL

And here I thought I had a gift...

I never associated it with gutting any animals, but I have had farts that smelled like a gut shot merganser.

It's a fact that your gut can become colonized by bacteria with which you come into contact via inhalation. Probiotics might help. Where are the studies on these real world problems?

Are we smelling the order that is stuck in the tiny hairs of our throat and nasal passage from messing around with stinky things?.

Are we smelling the order that is stuck in the tiny hairs of our throat and nasal passage from messing around with stinky things?.
When they hit me, my wife steers clear for a 15 feet minimum, so i hardly doubt she's sniffing my nose innards. She is never nearby when I'm cleaning birds!

Last edited:
Two days later? From people that weren’t around for the gutting? No chance.

I would usually laugh a bit here at this fine example of meateaters high quality journalism, but apparently it hits close to home for most of you. I’ve never heard of this phenomenon and definitely never experienced it. What a fascinating group of guys we have on here lol!

It's a fact that your gut can become colonized by bacteria with which you come into contact via inhalation. Probiotics might help. Where are the studies on these real world problems?
After a few bad gut jobs as a kid with accidental splatters in unintended places I’ve learned to keep my mouth closed pretty firmly during evisceration exercises. Never though something so simple would be a tip I would share but apparently that tiny piece of advice may be needed!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back