Caribou Gear Tarp

Deer down! Now it is time to concentrate on my Antlerless Elk hunt.

Fire Hawk

I finished my Muzzleloader deer hunt in Northern Utah by the evening of the second day. I took a nice fat little four point (my first four point buck) with a 260 Nosler Partition and 90 grains of Pyrodex RS. I shot him at about 50 yards with an offhand shot.

I was able to stillhunt right into his dining room where he and several does were feeding without any knowledge that this "stealthy" hunter was there. I was really happy to beat him at his own game by watching the wind and going very slowly and quiet.

My brother took his first deer too. He shot a fat two point on opening day.

Now I have to get ready for hunting during a late season elk hunt for a skin head. I hope that by the end of December I have a years supply of meat in the freezer.

I will hopefully have some pictures to post soon. I will try when I have them. Thanks! FH

Congrats Fire Hawk on the hunt!
cool.gif
cool.gif

Way to go Fire Hawk. I hope to get to Utah in the next couple of years and chase some of your muleys. Looking forward to seeing your dead pics.

Congratulations on the muzzleloader buck, FH. Good luck on the cow hunt.

Oak

So are all the deer "FAT" over there
wink.gif

Congrats on your First 4-point. I'm the forked horn KING !!!! Someday I'll drop a big-un. Till then, I'll keep adding these forked horns to my wall
tongue.gif

Tell your Bro congrats and Kudos from me too !!! Totaly Awsome MAN !!!

(Good luck on your Elk chase now !

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back