PEAX Equipment

Dear Abbey: Need Elk Advice

JoseCuervo

Dear Abbey,

I am so confused about what to do, and I just know you will have the answer for me.

My Best Elk Hunting Buddy and I got into a discussion today, and I need your advice on what to do. He told me today, that we will not be able to start hunting with Horses until we are 45. He says we can carry quarters out on our backs like we have for the past 12 years.

When we first met, I used to be 3 inches taller, but now after packing Elk, I have lost 3 inches of height, due to compression of every bone in my body.

Do you think he is being fair? Should I leave him for another Elk hunting buddy? Should I sneak behind his back and buy a horse? Do you think I'll be able to change his mind?

Signed,
Horsless in Seattle

Dear Horseless,
Since your buddy wants to pack out elk quarters on his back, he shouldn't mind packing out your share as well. Just advise him that you will be willing to follow behind on horseback and offer encouragement and the occasional sip of water should he need it.

Dear Horseless,
You need to stop thinking about your friend and think about what is good for you. Get a horse for you and let your friend continue to pack it out on his back and continue to shrink in height. I bet he has a horse and uses it when you are not around because he wants to show you how macho he is.

Horsless in Seattle:
You engaged in this relationship years ago and it sounds like your partner has been faithful for quite some time. There are always going to be bumps in the road in any relationship and your bump just came sooner rather than later. In your case you're just not going to be able to ride this one out, but rather weather the storm, put one foot in front of the other, one step at a time, until he is ready to make the change.

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 08-05-2003 00:21: Message edited by: raybow 1 ]</font>

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvrguy
Back