Caribou Gear Tarp

Dead Idaho Deer.

Tag Stew

Set up camp on the 8th, cut wood and scouted through evening on Saturday afternoon. Things didn't look too good and no cell service to call out so we could change area for the two stragglers coming up late. Saturday night was steak night and evening to remember dad's passing with cigars and single malt.
Opening morning saw one shot at a big doe by my brother who tried for a neck shot quartering away, because that was the largest piece he could see and flat missed. He figured 150 yards and I ranged it after I caught up with him at 226 yds. Nephew blew his chance at a nice 3X3 buck because he walked up on him while he was bedded. Major cluster for opening day.
Hunted until yesterday morning and nothing, nada, zilch, so loaded up and came home. Stopped at a check station and they were doing a study on grouse and didn't seem interested in much else. I was able to put some flat spots on my trailer tires on the way back instead on turning a doe into mush. Go figure.
Highlight of this hunt was having a just turned 18 year-old hunt with us for the first time. We teamed him up with the next youngest and they are friends for life. He is now wide eyed and wants to buy every piece of gear there is. He is already planning for next fall if he gets leave after he goes in the Coast Guard. Not the best trip, but this made it worth it for my brother and I and his dad. There is always next year........

Crazy huh? are you the one going with him this weekend? if so i might meet you up there. good luck if so.

Not me! I am toooo old to take a walk like that. Still trying to get a kitchen pass for the weekend to go find a doe for the young guy with his dad.

kilt this here forkie in a 2-point restriction zone back in September- do he count?

happydeer.jpg

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back