Daunting...

Definitely shoot as many bows as you can... find the one that feels the best fit for you. Lots of great bows out there...pretty comparable IMO. I've shot just about every major brand of bow out there and there are still things I like about each bow. As for accessories... I would lean towards a fiber optic sight with the fibers wrapped around the sight for extra light gathering capabilities. Personally I like the drop away rest because they are a little more accurate and I like to shoot competitively. BTW I got the new G5 rest...its sweet. Holds your arrow in place while drawing so it wont fall or shake off when you're nervous LOL...super quiet too. If your looking for a hunting setup only I would maybe look at the whisker bisquet or bow tec is making a rest very similar to it. Detachable quiver is a nice thing to have as well. A release and string loop is a very good setup as well..... Definitley go with carbon arrows...broadheads your choice...

My set up...
PSE Xforce (smokin fast)
Spot hogg right on sight (pretty expensive)
Scott release (hair trigger)
Alpine archery detachable quiver (cheap but good)
Whitetail carbon arrows (mid range super tough arrow)
Spitfire100 grain 3 blade (my favorite broadhead)
G5 drop away rest (tried something new...really like it)

Thanks for the information, everyone. A bow has fallen back down "the list" due to some add-on hunts this fall. Hopefully for Christmas...;)

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trapper330
Back