Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Daughter's Very first Duck hunt

Nemont

Today is the opener of the Montana Special Youth Waterfowl hunt and I got my 12 year old daughter out. Here is here very first duck, after having teal buzz us all moring and shooting 10 shots she connected.

P9220287-1.jpg

Took a long lunch break and returned to the blind. We finished with 1 teal, 2 hen mallards and two smilers (My fault on both of them) It was a great day to be with my kids.
P9220289.jpg

Now can anyone tell me if this duck is an eclipse phase. It didn't look right when it came in with a flock of mallards. She took it at about 15 yards.

P9220294.jpg

P9220291.jpg

P9220293.jpg

P9220292.jpg

Nemont

does she care if she shot hollywoods or greenheads? I'm glad to see you're passing it on to your children, I managed to get one out of three hooked, and I've got one more to go, and can't wait till my youngest is old enough to carry the decoy bag.

WTG Nemont! Congrats to the young lady!

That bird looks like a hen mallard. Mayby young of the year?

Very nice Nemont. I like your son's expression, "c'mon dad hurry up with the camera stuff."

Congrats to your daugter.

Congrats to the both of you.Our teal season opened yesterday and it appears the freezing weather a few days ago pushed them southward.Teal can humble the best of shooters so your daughter did well.Nice pics

Congrats to the entire family Jeff....we've got a few weeks (and a deer tag or two) left before our opener!

NEW Sitka Ambient 75

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alaska2Montana
Back