Yeti GOBOX Collection

Daughter's first WY Antelope Hunt

The shot wound up being a neck shot. Not exactly where I wanted her to aim but the end results were positive.

Looks like a great trip for dad and daughter! Congrats.
Your off-road camper looks like it will go anywhere you're able to drive. It's certainly not lacking in ground clearance.

Congratulations to your daughter on her antelope. Also, really like the camper, looks like you could pull it anywhere you wanted to.

Congrats! Great that you busted her out of school for a trip out west. I find it amusing that she has teachers that are against hunting. When I went to school (albeit in a small town) we practically closed down the school during the week of Thanksgiving because nobody would show up during rifle season anyway.

We had a great time and I think I enjoyed it even more than her. To share her first antelope hunt was something I won't forget. Those of you who hunt with your kids or close family members know what I am talking about.

I had the same experience you did. I lived in norther WI and yes we had the week of thanksgiving off and a very high percentage of the folks hunted and did family events.

Now we live in South Central WI and the mind set of many of the folks is very different than other parts of the state. We have had parents not allow their kids do stuff with ours because they hunt, fish, and shoot. That is their choice but it disappointing that your kids can't go to school and share their experiences because it may make some of them uncomfortable.

I have people tell me that I don't need to hunt all I need to do is go to the grocery store and get my meat there. I think they forget that the farm down the road is raising the cattle and sending to market and ending up in the grocery store. I could go on and on about this one. Ok rant off.

I couldn't have wished for a better hunt and we have already put in for points for elk, antelope. hopefully next year we will get drawn and can have another awesome adventure.

Wow, daughter's first shot success from that range, excellent tutoring. What a fun trip together. That home-built trailer. Wow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back