Dark Timber Blacktail

Thanks for all the comments! Happy to report he is as good eating a deer as I’ve ever killed! Molars were worn down almost to the gums but he was fat and happy. Perfect scenario for sure.

On Friday I got a call from a kid that my boys grew up with that really struggled entering adulthood. I bailed him out of jail and we let him live with us while he pulled himself up out of some nonsense. He’s doing well now! He said “I killed a really big buck and I’m headed to your house” He hunted his butt off all month and passed up several small bucks and ended up killing the biggest blacktail I’ve ever personally seen. Made mine look like really average. I’ll see if he’ll let me post a picture of it next time I talk to him.

Thanks for all the comments! Happy to report he is as good eating a deer as I’ve ever killed! Molars were worn down almost to the gums but he was fat and happy. Perfect scenario for sure.

On Friday I got a call from a kid that my boys grew up with that really struggled entering adulthood. I bailed him out of jail and we let him live with us while he pulled himself up out of some nonsense. He’s doing well now! He said “I killed a really big buck and I’m headed to your house” He hunted his butt off all month and passed up several small bucks and ended up killing the biggest blacktail I’ve ever personally seen. Made mine look like really average. I’ll see if he’ll let me post a picture of it next time I talk to him.
Good stuff!

Got a late season muzzle loader tag in SW Oregon but am pretty new to muzzle loaders. Seen this guy on the camera lately but since he covers a big drainage and never steps in the open he’s a tough hunt. Never seen him in person.

Attachments

• B065B1BF-2B96-4AAB-A2BD-93541DC78DC6.jpeg
    B065B1BF-2B96-4AAB-A2BD-93541DC78DC6.jpeg
    63.2 KB · Views: 1
  • A70817C5-E95A-45CE-836D-18ED9B5473F3.jpeg
    A70817C5-E95A-45CE-836D-18ED9B5473F3.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 1

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member