Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Damn thieves

Another thought is that an actual phone call talking to the buyer/seller could help to weed out any crooks.
Looking at the payment receipt at first threw up a red flag when his wife's name was listed. Then I happened to think that my PayPal account is in MY wife's name,,,,,, I never saw a reason to change it!

Another thought is that an actual phone call talking to the buyer/seller could help to weed out any crooks.
Looking at the payment receipt at first threw up a red flag when his wife's name was listed. Then I happened to think that my PayPal account is in MY wife's name,,,,,, I never saw a reason to change it!
When he said his wife had it I didn't think too much of it because my wife has it but I don't. Because i don't want or need venmo. She uses it just to send money to kids, and relatives. Oh well.

Last edited:
When he said his wife had it I didn't think too much of it because because my wife has it but I don't. Because i don't want or need venmo. She uses it just to send money to kids, and relatives. Oh well.
You have it backwards. The kids and relatives are supposed to send money to you.

Last edited:
I have settled on using USPS MO as my primary means of purchase of items I buy or sell. You do have some legal protection to file for a lost one or even to file to identify where it was cashed. Its not perfect but you do have some basic protection that even the scammers may not realize. You fill out form 6401 and they will find out where it was cashed and by whom. Maybe it can result in filing criminal complaint in their jurisdiction.

Attachments

• ps-6401.pdf
    833.5 KB · Views: 4
I have settled on using USPS MO as my primary means of purchase of items I buy or sell. You do have some legal protection to file for a lost one or even to file to identify where it was cashed. Its not perfect but you do have some basic protection that even the scammers may not realize. You fill out form 6401 and they will find out where it was cashed and by whom. Maybe it can result in filing criminal complaint in their jurisdiction.

I wonder if a COD would work???

How old is elderly? I'm in looking at 70 in a month,,,,, I think?

I don’t know, you just see “older” people who get scammed by people. I wasn’t insinuating anyone was elderly, maybe I should have said “more vulnerable”.

I feel like trying to explain a new gun to my wife and the more I say the deeper the hole gets. 🤣 “yeah honey but I didn’t have the synthetic stock” “I’m not sure why I need 4 7mm Mags, it just felt right”

Both,,, I'm pretty sure. The last guy that called me an "old fart" ended up sitting on a potato chip rack.
Nobody really challenges "elderly". If you loose then you got whupped by an old guy. If you win then you beat up an old guy.
Just remember that older guys have lots of experience getting even. We have time and resources.

Both,,, I'm pretty sure. The last guy that called me an "old fart" ended up sitting on a potato chip rack.
Nobody really challenges "elderly". If you loose then you got whupped by an old guy. If you win then you beat up an old guy.
Just remember that older guys have lots of experience getting even. We have time and resources.
Saw a Tshirt once that said "Don't piss off old people. The older we get, the less life in prison is a deterrent.". mtmuley

I let the last guy that semi-threatened me, by my age , know I already knew where he was. And laughed.
Have not seen nor heard from since.

Yeah, once I turned 60 things sort of changed in my head. On the one hand I was thinking "damn, I'm 60!" and on the other I was out doing donuts on my ATV while plowing snow!

Back