Damn thieves

So someone contacts me from this hunting site that has something that I want to buy. You send the money to his alleged wife's venmo act. He said he would ship it this past wednesday. Now, it will be 7 days tomorrow since I bought it and the POS won't even reply to my texts.
Username would be valuable! Post it up! Save someone else.

I actually prefer PayPal as payment. Venmo offers protection for buyers/sellers but you have to select the option before sending or requesting payment as a small fee is charged. It appears this individual has only been a member for a few weeks.. I personally avoid transactions with new members. Hope it wasn’t to big of a loss..

Bummer - sorry to hear. It seems like as of late even some well know individuals on here are being hacked just long enough to post and sell something, without the real user knowing. The thieves are getting sneakier and it sucks.

I ONLY deal with long terms who i have had conversations with before or atleast have seen them interact and there responses are in understandable english. I dont use any epayment, i deal cash or check. I am confident in people i deal with that i have even mailed them the stuff and told them inspect and then send payment, usually they send it immediately. Choose who you do business with or usually my case help out with needed components.

I had done a couple of deals on here with good people. I offered pay pal but he said Zelle or that his wife had venmo. Never heard of Zelle. I need even checked his profile till he started ducking me. Lesson learned.

So someone contacts me from this hunting site that has something that I want to buy. You send the money to his alleged wife's venmo act. He said he would ship it this past wednesday. Now, it will be 7 days tomorrow since I bought it and the POS won't even reply to my texts.
Don't feel like the Lone Ranger.

Sorry that happened to you. I buy most things online. Like other mentioned only with known sources or long term members on these classified sections of forums. I once did buy from a unknown ammo dealer. I got it but had a few days of wondering if .i had made a mistake. Never again.

Interesting, as a relatively new member. If there was something that I absolutely had to have, or sell, I would be e willing to do whatever it takes to satisfy the buyer that I am who and what I say I am. I can certainly understand though how you could get burned. I'm an old "handshake" guy. I still believe in man's word. My wife says I'm an idiot, but I still believe that there are honest people that say what they do and do what they say.

One thing you can do is request a picture of the item with a hand written note with today's date next to it, a word you tell them to include, and better yet with the seller in the picture. If it's a scam they'll either try photoshopping the note in so watch for that, or more likely you'll never hear from them again.

Sad, so Sad, I can't begin to count the # of actual cash buy/sells I've done with members. Hell's Bell's, there have been more than a few where I received, or just sent, something as a pay it forward !

I've been on this forum for 20 yrs and the # of times something like this happens has been few and far between!

I actually prefer PayPal as payment. Venmo offers protection for buyers/sellers but you have to select the option before sending or requesting payment as a small fee is charged. It appears this individual has only been a member for a few weeks.. I personally avoid transactions with new members. Hope it wasn’t to big of a loss..
Still pissed.

Attachments

• CFAE8015-57E4-42F5-ACF0-61A9AE930C83.png
    CFAE8015-57E4-42F5-ACF0-61A9AE930C83.png
    43.5 KB · Views: 25
Since I got screwed everybody is my 'buddy'. And I'm not even looking for a .22. Found this in my inbox today.

Attachments

• 2AFF4BF3-06B1-480A-BE07-B0EAD8EB1DA1_4_5005_c.jpeg
    2AFF4BF3-06B1-480A-BE07-B0EAD8EB1DA1_4_5005_c.jpeg
    35.5 KB · Views: 112
Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back