Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Daily Snacks/ Meals Bag Dump

You have forgotten one of the 10 essentials. Tortillas! :unsure: The catch all backcountry bread. Nothing like a good Mountainhouse burrito. Bagels are nice but seem to always take up more room than I want to give up. The smaller 8ish inch tortillas work really well and pack easy. "PB fit" and jelly packets can really hit the spot (backcountry PB&J tortilla sandwich). PB Fit is a very healthier powdered peanut butter that just requires a little water to make. It's one of those little things that can make a backpack trip decadent. If PB Fit is not your thing then almond butter packets work really well.
I Did tortilla before on trips I like bagels better. More filling to me and I just smash them flat

I like to have tortillas at camp. They don't need any special care or need cooling, but they don't take up a lot of room. They are great for heart tacos, or nutella and bacon breakfasts, breakfast burritos....damn near anything. Peppers and onions are easy to take care of and useful with the tortillas. I don't carry tortillas in my day pack, though. I'd rather just snack during the day.

You have forgotten one of the 10 essentials. Tortillas! :unsure: The catch all backcountry bread. Nothing like a good Mountainhouse burrito. Bagels are nice but seem to always take up more room than I want to give up. The smaller 8ish inch tortillas work really well and pack easy. "PB fit" and jelly packets can really hit the spot (backcountry PB&J tortilla sandwich). PB Fit is a healthier powdered peanut butter that just requires a little water to make. It's one of those little things that can make a backpack trip decadent. If PB Fit is not your thing then almond butter packets work really well.
Funny you mention this, last year we did a canoe trip in Canada and had a package of burger that I thought was steak. Steak on a stick is one of my favorite campfire meals. I just bring frozen and eat the first night. I Didn’t know what to do with it so we cooked it and mixed with instant mashed potatoes, then wrapped in tortillas. It was awesome. They were almost as good as campfire brook trout.
D60C8AED-AB76-43F6-A24B-6B2F9EC62BBB.jpeg

Daily rations:
3/4lb of mixed nuts and dried fruit, a small sugar bomb (single starburst), a bar (cliff, kirkland, etc), 2 SB via's, 2 tea bags, 1 MH, 2 nuun tablets.

Dried fruit ( cherries, bananas, mangos, strawberries), nuts( pistachios, peanuts, cashews), jerky, tuna or salmon pouches, cheese (smoked keeps best).

After a mountain house breakfast of granola and blueberries:

1. peanutbutter/honey/bacon rolled up tight in a tortilla
2. Snickers bar
3. 20 swedish fish
4. sandwich bag full of planters "gorp"
5. store bought jerky ( I need to make my own)

Mountain house when I get back after dark.

After a mountain house breakfast of granola and blueberries:

1. peanutbutter/honey/bacon rolled up tight in a tortilla
2. Snickers bar
3. 20 swedish fish
4. sandwich bag full of planters "gorp"
5. store bought jerky ( I need to make my own)

Mountain house when I get back after dark.
Have you tried nutella and bacon? Yum

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvrguy
Back