PEAX Equipment

CZ 550

RyeGuy74

I'm looking at getting a CZ 550 Safari Magnum and was wondering what people's thought on them are, or if there's another rifle in .375 H&H that anyone recommends

I'm sure others will be able to chime in with more experience than myself but if this is your first CZ you won't be disappointed. My experience is with their rimfire rifles but their fit and finish as well as accuracy is excellent. I've never heard of a negative thing about their rifles.

Get it and get it now. My Dad's got one in 375 H&H, and it's an excellent piece of equipment! Word is they are discontinuing them, so like I said get one now. Disappointing they are discontinuing such a classic shootin' arn.

I have a custom one in 9.3x62. Great rifles, especially for a dangerous game rifle. The top dovetail is great for getting QD rings to allow for iron sight use. Alaskan Arms makes some great ones guaranteed to return to sub-MOA. If you don't like the safety, AHR can install a 3 position Winchester type safety. All of them I've seen have been shooters as well.

I concur with everyone. I have a number of cz’s and been happy with them all.

I don’t have any trouble adjusting to the safeties and back to other rifles but have been told some folks do.

After they get a bit of work done to them they are very good rifles. You should also consider the M70. The M70's I have, or have used, required no work to be very good rifles.

I have a CZ 550 Safari Classics in my safe that I haven’t used for quite a few years. It’s a great rifle. I bought it for my one and only trip to Africa. Wanna buy it?

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back