PEAX Equipment

Cute lil Guy, born the wrong spring.

Interesting. I don't pay much attention to fawns. What do you think caused that and how will it kill it?

Interesting. I don't pay much attention to fawns. What do you think caused that and how will it kill it?
Starvation, and ... starvation...

We are headed towards a zero recruitment winter IMO, tho another herd I was looking at last night was sleek yet. But it's a LLLOOONNNGGGG time till spring to be this white. The eagles are smiling, and you never want to see a happy eagle, dour faced eagles are desirable

Nobody pays them any mind, but they are the bell weather, the "canary in a coal mine". And they are about to be slaughtered. "print-button" flu followed by lead poisoning, followed by white death... Aint easy being a deer these days.
DSC07583.JPG

Last edited:
It's upsetting for me. I have a lot of compassion for deer and have always preferred to not hunt them. Deer are the main reason I hunt for bear. I don't know how many newborn fawns a bear can eat. Even if it's only one it's one more deer that has a chance to survive.

This thread has reminded me I should leave the muley's alone. They have a hard time around here. I'll just hunt for bear and elk.

Thanks for the thread.

It's upsetting for me. I have a lot of compassion for deer and have always preferred to not hunt them. Deer are the main reason I hunt for bear. I don't know how many newborn fawns a bear can eat. Even if it's only one it's one more deer that has a chance to survive.

This thread has reminded me I should leave the muley's alone. They have a hard time around here. I'll just hunt for bear and elk.

Thanks for the thread.
Im with ya on that, I'm done with MD as well, CPW has knocked them back 70-90% and is still increasing tags. Before the cuts that led to unreal bucks i had gone to WT, now I will go back now that there is nothing left up here, but man it was an awesome show!
Gotta put a pic in here for XXX...
DSC00465.JPG

I'm sure my not hunting deer won't make any difference but it makes me feel better. To be honest I never really liked the taste of the meat. I ate it because I killed it but I wouldn't go out of my way to eat it. Bear is kind of the same way.

I love elk meat with a passion. I'd eat it every day if I could and I try to do that. I can remember when I was a youngster and I tasted elk meat for the first time. I remember saying......."This is good! I'm going to hunt this for the rest of my life." So far, I have.

I'm sure my not hunting deer won't make any difference but it makes me feel better. To be honest I never really liked the taste of the meat. I ate it because I killed it but I wouldn't go out of my way to eat it. Bear is kind of the same way.

I love elk meat with a passion. I'd eat it every day if I could and I try to do that. I can remember when I was a youngster and I tasted elk meat for the first time. I remember saying......."This is good! I'm going to hunt this for the rest of my life." So far, I have.
No it won't make a difference, NR idiots lined up for miles to take up the slack..."investors chasing last years' returns" And yes the meat is nasty, to those who say "you can't eat the horns!" I say "well maybe you should start, you're wastin the best part..."

Attachments

• IMG_4081 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_4081 - Copy.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 43
A good clue deer are in trouble around here are the number of doe tags available. My unit is included with 3 other units. So, for 4 units in all seasons only 10 doe tags are available. For some reason, they picked muzzleloader season to get those 10 doe tags. Archery and all rifle seasons can't hunt for does. That doesn't sound like a healthy deer herd.

Of course, this doesn't include private land hunts which are all does but that's different. Whiny landowners always get there way.

I've come to the conclusion that Whitetail is much better than Mule deer and Whitetail does are much better than bucks.. Farm deer here locally where I live are better than deer that only feed on browse..

I’m surprised the warmth from squirrels breath bitching about CDOW wouldn’t keep the little guy warm till spring...

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back