Cut and crown pistol barrel or replace - Advice?

rideold

Looking for advice. I have a 45 ACP (Tanfoglio EAA Witness) that has a muzzle compensator on it. I find myself now living in an area that doesn't allow that (threaded barrel). No comment or discussion on that part of things. It is what it is. What I'm trying to figure out is should I get the barrel cut down or find a non-threaded replacement. The clinch is this is an older unit and I have only found one barrel (on eBay) that doesn't look to be in as good of shape as my pistol is (and it's $125).

I'm kind of agnostic about the compensator. I didn't go searching it out when I got the pistol but that's how it came from the factory and it didn't matter much to me either way at the time. I won't be heartbroken to remove it but it feels wrong somehow to modify the factory barrel.

Thoughts?

I would take it to a gunsmith for their opinion. I would have no problem removing it it it were mine. I have a full size and compact Witnesses and really like them.

I found these guys (know nothing about them) that cut and thread longer barrels for suppressors - maybe they can make you a plain barrel?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back