Caribou Gear Tarp

Custom turrets on a scope with a B&C reticle?

Spitz

When it comes to shooting, I'll gladly take all the help I can get. So, I've been pondering this for a little bit trying to decide if it's redundant or not.

I've got a Leupold 4.5-14 scope with the B&C reticle. The stadia lines are pretty close to accurate for the distances they're intended to provide a proper holdover for, out to 500 yards. My feeble attempts at reloading led me to the conclusion that I can't outperform factory Federal Premium ammo in my rifle and I'm happy with the sub inch groups I can get from it. Accordingly, I don't plan to alter bullet weight or the velocity of ammo anytime in the future and think it might be fun to get the Leupold custom shop ballistic compensating turrets for my scope, which I believe will give me quite a bit more distance to tinker with.

Any of you have the custom turrets? If so, what do you think? Can you put them on any scope/reticle combo?

You need to chronograph your loads. If the have more than 30-40 fps extreme spread, you probably shouldn't be shooting beyond 500 yards.

I've never chronographed a factory load that had an extreme spread under 30-40 fps. In other words, you need to get serious about handloading or give up on the 500+ stuff for the time being...unless you rifle/load combo is really really special.

There is a long range shooting forum that has plenty of good info on it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back