Custom GP100

p_ham

I got ants in my pants and can't keep from messing with things, I did some work to my GP.
At first I was just going to slab side it. Well that evolved into fluting it, porting it, cutting back the under lug, shaving the rib and top strap, and softening a couple edges.
The porting helped more than expected, it doesn't even wiggle with .38's. With mags recoil is about on par with a 6" barrel.
The flute on the under lug was to cut out the old caliber marking, I haven't gotten around to etching it yet.
20210608_193840.jpg

I love this! Would be curious to how similar work would look on a 3”. But man, I can just feel the difference all that forward weight removal would do to my favorite revolver.

How about a few more pictures?
I'll get some more pictures posted.
I love this! Would be curious to how similar work would look on a 3”. But man, I can just feel the difference all that forward weight removal would do to my favorite revolver.
It would look good on the 3" too. I'm not sure about the lug though. I'll have to weigh mine and see exactly how much weight came off. I would guess around 4oz.

Clements (I think) has a tapered slab barrel that looks really good on the 3".

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iceman1992
Back