Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Crow treaty rights, thoughts?

What a joke. The crows are some of the most wasteful, disrespectful, people around. That’s not an assumption either. I’ve spent 27 years dealing with them. They could care less about the meat. They’d come here just to shoot all the bulls, cut the antlers off and cross the border right back onto the rez
Pretty sure our system is designed to be a nation of laws not of men. Carry on.

It is certainly not BS on the crow. I have somewhere between 600 and 900 days on the reservation, and have been to more places on it than nearly any nontribal member and probably a lot of the members. Deeded and allotted ranches, and Land in the Bighorns and Pryors that with few exceptions only tribal members will ever see.
Not driving around on roads either. Hiking, riding ATVs and busting brush looking for section corners performing survey work.
I can think of deer sightings 4 times. There may be a couple more. 2 of them on the same large ranch.
5 times if you count the whitetail buck I saw being dragged behind a car down the Pryor cut off road, but it was already dead-I hope.

It’s some of the best habitat there is too. It’s a sad deal.

There are people on the rez that see things the way we do and want things done differently, or as we would call it - better.
But they’re outnumbered by Herreras. Thence the reason things are the way they are.

Just like people on this forum want Montana to manage mule deer. But we are outnumbered by fat, drunk rednecks that think it’s their God given right to kill forkies out the truck window on the Custer.

Same line of thinking, just applied differently based on cultural standards.
Hell yeah I’m crow and I agree we don’t gotta go off rez to get a nice bull or buck I’ve seen some stuff on the rez that would make a grown man cry

Right, because lawmakers and the .gov have broken so many treaties lately...political suicide if they take that path and they know it.

They don't have chit for leverage and they know that too. IF they thought leverage existed, they would have already done the things you mention.

Wyoming better get used to the Crows hunting the areas defined in the treaty...or they'll lose in court again. Wyoming would have to be a pretty slow learning bunch to make another run at prosecuting a Crow Tribal member when they just got it handed to them by the USSC.

BTW, I told you so on the case Wyoming just lost.
It’s a good day to die

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jahmes143
Back