Caribou Gear Tarp

Crow Creek Res

tillicant

Anyone else ever hunt the Crow Creek (South Dakota) Indian Res?

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply, have hunted there a few times with friends that had dogs. Hunted birds & Deer.
Was just trying to find new guides, reservation rules, can't hunt without.

When I was there they didn’t require guides. There used to be some great grouse hunting as well as quality deer, Muskie’s and whitetail.

Never fished but yes, we always purchased the upland tag, they call them prairie chicken, I think.
We ran into some problems with some of the guides, scheduling, drugs run rampant.
Have a decent one we used a couple of years ago & I keep in touch. Mule deer tags have not been offered for a couple of years now, so waiting on that.

Never fished but yes, we always purchased the upland tag, they call them prairie chicken, I think.
We ran into some problems with some of the guides, scheduling, drugs run rampant.
Have a decent one we used a couple of years ago & I keep in touch. Mule deer tags have not been offered for a couple of years now, so waiting on that.
Some of the best prairie chicken hunting you'll find. Sharpies, also.

Ment Mulies, they have sharp tail grouse and prairie chickens, two different species. It is one combined limit, as most people can’t tell them apart.

Ment Mulies, they have sharp tail grouse and prairie chickens, two different species. It is one combined limit, as most people can’t tell them apart.
I'm not advocating for separate limits for chickens and sharpies, but if a hunter spends 10 minutes looking at ID pics and field ID, the two are about as easy to ID on the wing as rooster/hen pheasants. Most notable being tail shape. In hand, the feet are a dead giveaway, as well as chickens have a horizontal barring on the breast, and sharpies have chevron shaped markings.

Back