Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Crossbow Deer Hunting (The Definite Guide)

I don't see a problem if it's legal to use one in the archery season. And, no I don't own one.

Depends on where you are and why your state has an archery season. Back east or in areas where archery seasons are used as a way of controlling populations in suburban environments I think crossbow seasons are great. In the majority of western states archery seasons are used primarily as a way to handicap hunters so you lower success rates and therefore can have more hunters in the field. In the later case crossbows are problematic, as enumerated in chapter 1 of the above crossbows have a great advantage over vertical bows and should be relegated to rifle season.

That said with the increased efficacy of modern archery tackle I think there is a strong argument to be made for moving regular archery season out of the rut and only allowing tradition bows during peak rut seasons. I'm not pro one weapon over another, just simply stating that if the number of elk, deer, etc that you want to harvest is fixed and you improve the technology and thereby increase harvest rates you need to do something to keep the harvest numbers static.

Thanks all for your comments. Now I know where's wrong. :)

Goosebrooke nailed it and he all but confirmed it. Look at his previous post he's just here to advertise stuff and is almost certainly not a hunter. I'm not 100% on the rules but shouldn't that get you banned? At least it all makes sense now.

I read a story once (I believe by Pat Mcmanus) where he said that falling down is perfectly acceptable as long as you say something clever/interesting on the way down. My standard response has always been "down goes Frasier" but I think from here on, "Now I know where's wrong" should do nicely.

I read a story once (I believe by Pat Mcmanus) where he said that falling down is perfectly acceptable as long as you say something clever/interesting on the way down. My standard response has always been "down goes Frasier" but I think from here on, "Now I know where's wrong" should do nicely.

Dude, that’s funny.

That’d do alright on a t-shirt too. Or, I’d like to have some fancy business cards that say that on one side, and have a picture of a dog taking a shit on the other. I’d hand them out regularly.

Robert, if you're going to write reviews on things you should really have some practical knowledge about the things you're writing about. Experience using the product is incredibly valuable as well, otherwise your review or article can't be taken seriously. It can be dangerous to people as well as unethical to animals to do this. Now, if you made a post on here asking people for help before publishing the article that would be very smart. I bet someone on here would even give you a framework to work off of for your article (or even write the entire thing for you). Think about these things going forward before you post things you don't necessarily know much about.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back