Crazy Fun Trip!!!

Big Sky

Well that was a fun weekend in the Florida Everglades. I do owe a special thanks to Justin Nguyen of castalineflycharters.com Justin really delivered and had a great knowledge of the area and the fish. My arm actually hurt from catching so many fish.
Peacock Bass
Florida-3-18-22-H.jpg

Mayan Cichlid
Florida-3-18-22-B.jpg

Spotted Gar
Florida-3-18-22-D.jpg

Curious Alligator
Florida-3-18-22-C.jpg

Mayan Cichlid (Male spawn colors)
Florida-3-18-22-A.jpg

Yours truly (Hack with a fly rod)
Florida-3-18-22-F.jpg

Warmouth Bass
Florida-3-18-22-G.jpg

Last edited:
Well that was a fun weekend in the Florida Everglades.
Peacock Bass
Florida-3-18-22-H.jpg

Mayan Cichlid
Florida-3-18-22-B.jpg

Spotted Gar
Florida-3-18-22-D.jpg

Curious Alligator
Florida-3-18-22-C.jpg

Mayan Cichlid (Male spawn colors)
Florida-3-18-22-A.jpg

Yours truly (Hack with a fly rod)
Florida-3-18-22-F.jpg

Warmouth Bass
Florida-3-18-22-G.jpg

What's your secret? You always seem to catch great fish.

Never heard of the warmouth being called a bass but apparently it's common in some areas. We always called them warmouth perch or more often Goggle eye because of the way their eyes bulge out.

They're pretty good table fare and fight like the dickens for about 10-15 seconds before giving up and playing dead.

Never heard of the warmouth being called a bass but apparently it's common in some areas. We always called them warmouth perch or more often Goggle eye because of the way their eyes bulge out.

They're pretty good table fare and fight like the dickens for about 10-15 seconds before giving up and playing dead.

Goggle eye, to me, refers to rock bass, or any of the multitude of species therein (northern rock bass, shadow bass, ozark bass, roanoake bass, etc.).

Warmouth (bass) can be stumpknockers, or potentially "black perch", but that gets confused with green sunfish in some areas.

Or I could just go back to my roots, and anything that's not a crappie is just "brim", and excellent flathead bait.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back