Crawfish/Crayfish/Crawdad Boil

Some good extras to add that many people over look...
Mushrooms are a must! Never done it myself but recent had boiled eggs and that was delicious, Brussel sprouts, green beans (drain water from can and throw in the pot)

In my experience there are two types of boiled crawfish with the geographic line being around Lafayette, LA. People in the West will boil with seasoning then put them in an ice chest, dust with more seasoning, close lid and shake, then serve. People in the east boil with more seasoning to cook then let them sit and water to soak and cool for 30minutes between batches. Add in frozen corn at this time so you don’t dilute your seasoning and can cool the pot off.
The second option is my preferred. There is less crap on your hands when you’re finished eating and you get full flavor when sucking the juice out of them.

Some good extras to add that many people over look...
Mushrooms are a must! Never done it myself but recent had boiled eggs and that was delicious, Brussel sprouts, green beans (drain water from can and throw in the pot)

In my experience there are two types of boiled crawfish with the geographic line being around Lafayette, LA. People in the West will boil with seasoning then put them in an ice chest, dust with more seasoning, close lid and shake, then serve. People in the east boil with more seasoning to cook then let them sit and water to soak and cool for 30minutes between batches. Add in frozen corn at this time so you don’t dilute your seasoning and can cool the pot off.
The second option is my preferred. There is less crap on your hands when you’re finished eating and you get full flavor when sucking the juice out of them.

My experience is us westerners don’t do it right to start with LOL. Best I ever had was when I went to Gulfport, Louisiana while I was stationed in Biloxi and they kept restocking my plate after I dared admit to loving that stuff.

Haven't tried that. I love eating the claws. I would worry about tails not being juicy.

Zatarain’s dry and liquid crawfish boil, garlic, onions, sausage, white mushrooms, corn, potatoes, and some fresh lemons is the way we do it.

This was last week.
65299037-BEF7-44DE-81CC-F42E1BDABA37.jpeg

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalton14rocks
Back