MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

CPW Commission Meeting 1/13/21

Everyone of them that mentioned the "vote" did so with the impression that it was some overwhelming majority like there is a mandate to plant wolves tomorrow.
Yea, the emphasis on "majority" would be funny if it weren't so ridiculous. What happened to fixing CO's ballot initiative law?

That stakeholder group is going to be a stacked deck.

Isn't it discriminatory to demand the facilitator be non-white male?

This whole thing is moving fast to "nonlethal management" of wolves. Tie a bell on your boots boys, that will be "wolf management".

OK, back to the meat and potatoes.

I missed the rest of the meeting after the public comments. Was anything said that is worth going back to listen to? Did they discuss asking for supplemental funds from the State legislature for the wolf project?

OK, back to the meat and potatoes.

I missed the rest of the meeting after the public comments. Was anything said that is worth going back to listen to? Did they discuss asking for supplemental funds from the State legislature for the wolf project?
Sounds like based on comment and commissioner discussion and input from Prenzlow that this is just the first of many discussions and that they will need to add meetings to cover this topic extensively.

Sounds like they are not 100% together on the meaning of the language in the bill. Timelines are not concrete other than Dec 2023 and they don't even know if that means wolves on the ground or the plan to put wolves on the ground.

We're a long way from over on this topic.

The other thing I heard mention of, which may be future, is making goat/sheep a once in a lifetime tag.
Looking at it objectively, it probably should be. But they would lose out on some $$, and that is what it is all about, right?

Looking at it objectively, it probably should be. But they would lose out on some $$, and that is what it is all about, right?
What made it interesting was chairman mcdaniel talking about how he's drawn 2x vs a buddy who hadn't drawn at all.

And yes, the bottom line is money.

So here is a move we might be able to make?

Throwing this out. I bet it could gain traction in all the other states near by.

WY has absolutely no interest in sending wolves to Colorado. We do not want to have wolves any where at all. And we surely do not want them just to our south where they will enter our state and cause problems.

so I am thinking about contacting my reps. Up here for WY and having them create a bill that would block any such transfers of wolves to new areas.

I know it may be symbolic at best but if MT, ID, all jump on then maybe we might slow the process down forcing an international exchange?

Back