MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Coyote Thread.....post 'em up

20201201_085119.jpgsaw this guy bed in my backyard around 8am this morning in the middle of my field. Thought it was odd, so I grabbed the binos and 7 Rem Mag. Confirmed it wasn't someone's dog.
Had to yell 3 or 4 times to get him up and when he did could barely walk.
My shot was clean through but his guts were hanging out. My guess is he was hit by a car and made it as far as he could, which was about 150yards from the back of my house.

Didn't ever imagine this is how id kill my first coyote

View attachment 164577saw this guy bed in my backyard around 8am this morning in the middle of my field. Thought it was odd, so I grabbed the binos and 7 Rem Mag. Confirmed it wasn't someone's dog.
Had to yell 3 or 4 times to get him up and when he did could barely walk.
My shot was clean through but his guts were hanging out. My guess is he was hit by a car and made it as far as he could, which was about 150yards from the back of my house.

Didn't ever imagine this is how id kill my first coyote
Good job. No need for it to suffer.

This is a sampling of successful hunts I have had the past few years using a Foxpro and Mojo Critter Decoy.
Majority of these dogs came in to some type of rabbit distress sound (typically played continuously at the higher end of the volume range). If the time of year is right (i.e. late spring into summer), coyote pup distress sounds often yield success too. Nearly all doubles came as a result of shooting the first one and immediately changing the call to some sort of coyote distress or "death cry" sound...the next one is usually soon to follow (within 3-5 minutes at most).

The coyotes are definitely conditioned to gunshots equating to potential easy meals in our area. Had two dogs already digging in to the hind quarter of the buck my dad shot last year not 10 minutes after he pulled the trigger.

Double Coyote 2_Oct. 2017.JPG
Easter Coyote 1_2017.jpg
Oct. Coyotes.jpgJacob and Porter - March Coyotes.jpg

This last picture is of one that crossed paths with me while deer hunting. The .45 ACP bloodied him up pretty good!

Pistol Coyote 2016.JPG

My favorite time of the year. I don’t get to hit it near as hard as I did before kids but we run a small snare/trapline that the oldest runs with me and we do some calling when the weather isn’t to bitter cold for her. My favorite time is spending time in the garage with her finishing fur.
View attachment 164253View attachment 164254View attachment 164255View attachment 164256View attachment 164257View attachment 164258View attachment 164259View attachment 164260View attachment 164261View attachment 164262View attachment 164263
That is awsome!

Took my buddy calling because he'd never been. I got this guy after he missed.....several times! lol.

Attachments

• 72493.jpeg
    72493.jpeg
    109 KB · Views: 8
I whacked my first coyote with a bow on closing day of deer season this year! I was making a stalk towards several does when I saw a coyote wondering up directly towards me. I drew from behind a tree and stepped out, shooting him at 5 yards! The best part is that he bolted off over the hill and the deer never even knew what happened:)

Attachments

• IMG_1292.JPG
    IMG_1292.JPG
    856.9 KB · Views: 4
Sounds like its on an $85 basis with a HARD grade, and the junk out.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back