Attachments

• Fig deer.jpg
    Fig deer.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 500
  • Fig deer2.jpg
    Fig deer2.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 501
Three more years??
So none of you guys would take that first one??
I would consider it I am wondering what he will look like when he gets rid
of all that velvet, this was last month.

heck blueyummies...I'd bust him if I crossed paths with it...but I've never shot a mule deer, it sure looks damn good to me. If you knew it would be around there in 3 years...that's one thing...but he'd make my 'book' as is...lol

I agree he would be a pig in a few years, but my debate is.......
pubic land what are the chances of any of you guys leaving him
for a couple of years??? You pass on him and he gets blasted
by the guy in the other ravine.

Nice bucks for sure. They do lack on mass though.

Whether you pull the trigger on them is up to the shooter. Most would kill either and have perma-grins. Some that enjoy the hunt may pass for the small chance of finding one better. Either way is a great way to go.

It was just mentioned in passing, but CA X-zone bucks grow some dandy mulies consistently.

I let him walk--just like I said originally---now don't pick on me anymore just cuz I live in blacktail country(yes they're smaller)---I love the pics, but he's living another day, if someone shoots him so be it they'll be happy, but I'm not pullin' the trigger, not even on the last day---once that velvet drops, he loses mass and tine length...chris

t bone--guess where I'll be when x9a is up and running--yep I drew a tag and will be backpacking in---and if I see one that size he walks to live another day, anyway that's what I'm saying now, but since I've shot muleys in NEBR, MONT and IDAHO I may eat crow to add a CA muley to the list, but right now my plan is stud or nothing----but when I'm in MT this yr this one walks as I'm holding out and I'll go home empty if need be-----chris

Just plot it on the GPS and start feeding them for a couple more years. I guess you don't have a gps or you would not have been lost.:D

csutton7 Good luck in x-9a there are some big boys in there but pray for weather. I will be doing the family hunt in D-3 probably gain this year. Have a big ole black bear that I have spotted the last 2 years out so may pick up a bear tag also. Never really been interested in bear but he is a true toad. Might give him a shot.

I think I'd let him age about 4 days in my walk-in cooler. I think that would do just fine!
GLENN

Nice flicks Yummies!! Those bucks should be good in a year or two if you could find them again.....which isn't always guaranteed. The one on the bottom could really be good at some point. Keep track of them through season if you can.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rds
Back