Caribou Gear

Costco Tech Pants

markwilks

Someone I recently met on the forumturned me onto Costco tech pants and said they were a good affordable alternative to buying all major brand hunting pants. He’s been very kind with advice on my first elk hunt in Colorado next September.

Has anyone else used the Orvis or these?

I bought a pair and they are nice. Just never used a pant like this to hunt in. They seem more for golf or just wearing. I love the price and comfort.

I bought a pair of wrangler outdoor pants which are the same style as these. I never wore a pant like this before, especially for hunting. The flexibility and quick drying nature make them great for hunting/hard himing. Not sure about the long term durability but I'm sure other will weigh in on that.

Someone I recently met on the forumturned me onto Costco tech pants and said they were a good affordable alternative to buying all major brand hunting pants. He’s been very kind with advice on my first elk hunt in Colorado next September.

I bought a pair and they are nice. Just never used a pant like this to hunt in. They seem more for golf or just wearing. I love the price and comfort.

I should have looked at your link, I hunt with the Costco Union Bay tech travel pant. Different than your link, $29 on amazon.
If you're hunting in burr country I would suggest the black ovis version, burrs don't stick to those.

Last edited:
I had first bought these ones. I really liked them. Come to find out they only last a month. The crotch would blow out on me.

I like the ones you have tagged, but i prefer the orvis ones more. Both are very light and comfortable.

I wear these lined ones all winter long. They are very warm. They do a great job at wicking away moisture. When i take my phone out of my pocket there will be condensation on the screen.

I have grown to love costco clothing especially for work and outdoor activities. $15 pants are hard to beat even if they only last a season or two. If i spill chemical or a ton of oil on them they get tossed and i dont feel to bad about it. These Orvis pants are on year 2 with no issues! i am currently wearing the weatherproof ones. IMO the orvis seem twice as durable based on the wear they have on them compared to these weatherproof ones. Orvis repel water alot better too. In my area the Orvis come around once or twice a year.

I had forgot to hit the reply button in my last post. Hope this helps!

I am 5 foot nine and rotund. For years now Costco adventure pants are essentially all I wear for both work and play. They are comfortable, passable in the professional environment, and work fine for hiking when it’s not too cold.

Also, when the back pocket blows out, I rip The crotch climbing over a fence, or spill oil on them changing the oil in our rigs, $16 later I’ve got a new pair.

A few years ago my wife bought me some mountain hardware alpine pants. These are not as nice, but are comparable for an eighth of the price.

I second the Wrangler Outdoor stretch. I have started using them for outdoor and work and have been pleasantly surprised by their durability.

I also have some Gerry ones from Costco that seem to work equally as good as the Wranglers. I was going to post a link but couldn't find them on Costco's website.

I am 5 foot nine and rotund. For years now Costco adventure pants are essentially all I wear for both work and play. They are comfortable, passable in the professional environment, and work fine for hiking when it’s not too cold.

Also, when the back pocket blows out, I rip The crotch climbing over a fence, or spill oil on them changing the oil in our rigs, $16 later I’ve got a new pair.

A few years ago my wife bought me some mountain hardware alpine pants. These are not as nice, but are comparable for an eighth of the price.
I have a similar body type. Is the sizing pretty accurate on these or do you recommend to go a size bigger in the waist?

I'm pretty much a Costco pro staffer.

Hardly ever wear high priced hunting clothing or camo any more the selection the fit and the durability are all there at a fraction of the cost.

The only thing I wouldn't buy are the outer layers and rain gear, and their merino wool socks.

32 degree year has absolute shit·load of stuff that work great for layering.

I love it

I second the Wrangler Outdoor stretch. I have started using them for outdoor and work and have been pleasantly surprised by their durability.

I also have some Gerry ones from Costco that seem to work equally as good as the Wranglers. I was going to post a link but couldn't find them on Costco's website.

Something I don’t pay too much attention to, is the difference in the brands. It is kind of weird that every time I go to Costco, I can buy what are essentially the same pants made from a different brand. I think the most recent ones I got were Orvis ones.

You are never going to kill any critters wearing the pants mentioned in this thread.

Worse, you are not supporting Randy Newberg and his ilk buying these brands.
Buy Sitka. Or one of the other brands Randy is slinging with every FB post.

Back