Controversial Recipe Ingredients

Can't stand stuffing. Taking a hard pass on any seafood product out of a can. Wildcat (basically raw hamburger that is popular in Wisco around the holidays).......just do not get it. Olives also suck.

My only real vice would be not being able to get up without coffee...completely addicted. Did totally quit drinking soda though

For all you haters out there, avocado AND cilantro in these carnitas street tacos! One of my favorite things to do with leftover smoked pork shoulder.

I haven’t commented in this thread yet because I object to the basic premise. There’s been nothing mentioned yet that I wouldn’t eat!

7ECC2CD9-D766-4412-ABD4-D60DE0090A06.jpeg

Last edited:
Cloves? 😳

Gotta have them in homemade baklava or hot Irish whiskey. I also put ground cloves in my homemade Irish cream. I’m not a smoker, but I love the smell of a clove cigarette. Not to mention they are required (I double up on it) in pumpkin pie!

this one might be unpopular

pretty much the majority of the things that end up on the table of a traditional american thanksgiving meal.... bleh

so many better things out there. why is thanksgiving traditionally such a mediocre display of food? even a perfectly brined and smoked turkey isn't even remotely half as delicious as a rib roast, for example. i'd rather have smoked chicken for thanksgiving for crying out loud. and who cares if you do rib roast for christmas. what's better than one rib roast in november? having another in december!!!

don't get me started on all the sides. just adding insult to injury.

ridiculous that it's gone on this long, this way. sad.

togie, does rib roast get old after eating every day for life?

Often I have had turkey for Thanksgiving and again for Christmas (unless there is Lutefisk instead). Rib roasts are to be turned into ribs and ribeyes or whatever anyway.

togie, does rib roast get old after eating every day for life?

i don't know, i actually found a deal on bone in rib roasts at kroger a couple weeks ago that came out to like 6.50 a pound and made a bunch of steaks out of them. been eating

ttthhhhhhhhhh

1618498383671.png

iiiiccccc

ribeyes ALOT lately, and i find it's impossible to tire of ribeye. whether as rib roast or ribeye. tomato, tomahto really.

maybe i just had a childhood of thanksgivings with adults who never knew how to cook turkey. i like my smoked turkey, but i'd rather have beef, deer, elk, or pronghorn. red meat will always be king to me 😁

this one might be unpopular

pretty much the majority of the things that end up on the table of a traditional american thanksgiving meal.... bleh

so many better things out there. why is thanksgiving traditionally such a mediocre display of food? even a perfectly brined and smoked turkey isn't even remotely half as delicious as a rib roast, for example. i'd rather have smoked chicken for thanksgiving for crying out loud. and who cares if you do rib roast for christmas. what's better than one rib roast in november? having another in december!!!

don't get me started on all the sides. just adding insult to injury.

ridiculous that it's gone on this long, this way. sad.
Theres something wrong with you.

So much good stuff and so much bad stuff in this thread. I used to be such a picky eater. Then I realized that I wasn’t picky because of the type of food, it was more about how it was prepared. Prepare something correctly and suddenly it can become edible.

For me there’s only a few things I won’t eat:

Cilantro - I’m one of the soapy gene guys. Small doses are ok
Fresh onion - cook it up and I’m fine with it.
Fennel - I’m not a fan of the anise/black licorice taste
Sardines - Its more of texture than taste thing I think.

A few things I have found myself using a lot of lately:
Cumin
Turmeric
Worcestershire Sauce

Things I always have in the kitchen/fridge/pantry:
Garlic
Balsamic and oil
Sweet potatoes
Avocado
Garlic
Sharp cheddar
Tortillas
Garlic
Onions
Tomatoes
Peppers (all types including bell peppers)
Montreal Steak seasoning - for when I’m feeling lazy
Garlic

And for the controversial:

Whale meat! Loved it! It was a grainy, salty red meat that had a lot of fat throughout the meat (similar to bear that way), but not marbled. Only had it twice when I was living in Norway. Wish I could source some of it here in the US. But living in CA I’d probably get thrown in prison for life if I was to even try to find it...

Muktuk! Was able to try this in AK after a caribou hunt. Wow!! Another one I wish I could get more easily. Forget energy bars and drinks. That stuff will straight up keep you going.

And living in Norway, I tried to eat lutefisk a few times. Just couldn’t do it.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back