CONTROLLED BURN IN THE RUT??.

It might not be as bad as it sounds. I worked on a fire crew in Eastern Oregon every summer in college. A couple fall semesters I stayed to control burn for the extra money. When we would show up to an area the next day we often saw elk or elk tracks. The burn didn’t really seem to bother them much. Hopefully that’s the case for you. Good luck!

Do you really think the BLM cares about your elk tag? The job that they have to do is more than likely far more important than your “Premier” elk tag. I understand your frustration but suck it up and go have a good hunt.
Read my latest thread

Hope it works out for you, at least they have you a little notice so you can have some backup areas to check out.... I was on a hunt several years ago and came back to my vehicle and got notice that I had to vacate like 20sq miles because the air force may drop a rocket booster in that area so I had to leave for like 5 days... I did the best I could but that sucked - tearing down camp and leaving the area I had become familiar with to just randomly find a new spot... at that point I realized that as hunters a limited tag is everything to us but we’re just an inconvenience to others working in the NF...

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back