Continuous calling or interupted sequence?

Doug

What works best for you? I have hunted with guys who left a tape run continuous for 1/2 hour, and also with guys who called very sparingly. How do you call and explain the reasoning behind your methods.
Doug

Doug,

As you know, I call continuous. Stopping the call or suddenly dropping the volume, or suddenly changing sounds, are things I do to get a running coyote to stop.

Why would I want to do something that I know makes a coyote stop running in, before I am ready to shoot him?

Tim

Tim,
I know that You and Bala use continuous calling with very good results in Southern Arizona. What about callers in different areas? I'm wondering if continuous calling works as well in the midwest,northeast, or northwest. I have better luck here in Pa when I call softly and only about 15 second sets about every 15 minutes. Maybe it's just the area that I'm hunting in. I don't know and I don't enough experience to draw any definite conclusions just yet. When I hunt in arizona I use continuous calling and when I hunt here I use interrupted calling sequences. I'm trying to get a feel for what callers in different areas are doing differently.
wink.gif

Doug

Doug, like Tim, I also use continuous calling and it works for me.
I have no idea if it would work in other parts of the country but I kinda have an idea it would.
I played the game the other way too with hand calls, it worked but not as good as continuous calling.
smile.gif

Doug,

About the only difference is how I call here in AZ and how I called in Indiana, is that I now only call a stand for fifteen minutes instead of the thirty minute stands I made in AZ.

That, and here in AZ, I never go back to the truck cold, wet and shivering.

Tim

Back