Contest Update

Mountain Boomer

Ok here is what I have so far....

Droptine
Canadian Turkey Hunter----> 13 7/8"
Shadowrider---------------> :(
wyote
J.IV----------------------> 13 1/8 "
RiverRat------------------> 5" (Maybe...:D)
Chambo--------------------> 12"
Trapperjer1
JB Florida
Moosie--------------------:mad:
Wylie---------------------:mad:
DKO-----------------------> 11 3/4"
Kirkl---------------------> :(
Boomer--------------------> 5 3/4" :D

CTH, You never said if you wanted to enter your bird or wait until the Canadian season was over.

If anyone else has killed a bird please post it in this thread so I can find it.

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 29 May 2001 07:44: Message edited by: Mountain Boomer ]</font>

CTH, We are just adding the spurs and the beards. Didn't want to use the NWTF system because it takes weight into affect. Since all of us are not hunting the same species we decided to leave out the weight and just add the inches.

well then i guess i'll enter my eastern from alabama then...beard 11 5/8" spurs 1 1/8"

View

you can check out other pics from my us hunt at www.canadianturkeyhunter.homestead.com/cover.html

tell me what you think

darin

[ 02 May 2001: Message edited by: canadian turkey hunter ]

Not getting any from me, havent had much time to hunt this year, just bought a new house so been working on that most of the time. Do have a story though, last week when i did go, i hadent herd anything all day so i was walking back to the truck, i was doing a little calling looking across the valley to see if i could catch any movement when all of a sudden something huge takes off from under my feet, i look down and theres a big ol turkey taking off, running down the hill with his wings out. After i changed my shorts and cought my composure he was gone before i could get a shot off. he scared me so bad i couldnt even find my safety. anyone else ever had that happen. sure as hell aint like no little upland bird taking off. He must of seen me walking towards him for 20 yards, dont know why he waited till i about stepped on him.

Kirkl, I have done the same thing before. I was walking through a field last year that was about knee deep in grass. I walked over to some trees and sat my gun down. I messed around and got a call from my vest and made a few calls. Nothing answered so I grabbed my gun and started to leave, when all of a sudden a hen came flying out from under my feet...HOLY BEJEBEES!!!! Scared the crap otta me. I had been standing within a yard of her and her nest. I had to dang near step on her to get her to move.

Any more turkey reports? Most of the seasons will be over the end of May. I will send the winner the goddies the first of June. So if you have a bird or your season last longer, post here...

Come June 1, I am going to mail out the winners calls and money. So if there is any other entries you better get them in...:D

CTH, Go ahead and send me an email with your address. It looks like you are going to be the winner.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back