Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Contacting wildlife officer for hunt planning

cbellosu

Hi everyone,

Planning a bowhunt/ML hunt with my dad in Colorado next fall, area 551. What time of year is best to contact the wildlife officers? I understand it may be somewhat contingent on the weather, but I also don't want to contact them when they are overwhelmed by people (immediately after draw results, etc).

Pretty novice question, but I want to ensure I get a few miniutes to converse instead of being rushed with an automated answer.

Start building a relationship now. Introduce yourself, give a broad overview, ask some thoughts. Don't get too deep and don't take too long. I call them all times of the year. My research for trips starts years in advance, so I wouldn't wait till any specific time.

Start building a relationship now. Introduce yourself, give a broad overview, ask some thoughts. Don't get too deep and don't take too long. I call them all times of the year. My research for trips starts years in advance, so I wouldn't wait till any specific time.

^^^^ yep. over the years I have built a relationship with a biologist in Montana. Each time we come out I will call him a few times to review a few things and catch up.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chrisw
Back