Considering Lifting for Function v. Form

Thanks all. Pretty much decided the plan. Will target fitting the tallest tires (and allow chains) without level/lift, but with front bumper and fender trimming. Thankfully recommended to a shop here in the Bitterroot Valley that sounds like they've got plenty of experience fender trimming to make it work cleanly.

Figure to save money on new wheels, lift/level and keep stock components to hopefully help longevity and apply some of it to bumper now and in future possibly winch and skid plates which, knock on wood, I don't think I'll need until next year's fall hunting season.

Front bumper for:
  • tire/chain clearance
  • deer impact protection
  • attack angle - which honestly I could have used with some of the small forest road U-turns
  • jack point for hi-lift jack
  • winch mount (in future)
Will try to keep it simple as I can.

Thanks for the experiences and enjoy the fruits of your hunt season harvest!
Much better plan dude.

Pulled the trigger on the simple plan. Had 285/75/17 K02's installed on the stock 17" rims, for 33.9" diameter. They trimmed some for clearance and test fit with chains. If run chains just can't go full lock else it rubs on control arm, so I'll consider spacers or some decent priced wheels which space it out a touch.

With these tires literally just .6" less height than a 35x12.5x17 and the width hasn't been what's been my challenge...so far.

Thanks all.

Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back