Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Congrats to Canoe

Wylee

Congrats on your buck Canoe, now how's about some details?????
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Thanks Wylee.
I spent the first three days just walking up closed logging roads until I found a good spot to sit and glass. I kept seeing lots of does, but no bucks until the third day when I was headed back to my pickup. I ended up jumping three deer, one of which was a smallish 2x3. I shot the buck, gutted it, and drug it over to the main road, then went and got my pickup.

When I got to my pickup, Kyle, another guy in our group was there waiting for me. He had shot (the first time he ever shot at a deer) at one the night before right before dark, but thought that he missed. After I told him that deer don't always just fall over dead, he spent all night thinking about it. Well, that morning he went back to where he had the shot and started looking around until he found his buck, dead about 100 yards from where it was standing when he shot.

He had gutted his buck, a nice little 4x6 nontypical, and then come to get me to show him how to cut it up and help pack it out. So we took my buck back to camp and just hung it from the meat pole while we went and got his deer. His buck was about a mile from the main road so I showed him how to skin it on the ground and then quartered it and loaded up our packs. He carried the front quarters and head, and I carried the rear quarters, backstraps, and the rest of the trimmings from the neck and ribcage.

I had a lot more fun packing out his deer and congratulating him on his first kill than I did with the little buck that I shot, and all in all it was a fun hunt.

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 10-15-2003 15:19: Message edited by: Canoe ]</font>

Awesome, your the first group I've heard of that have harvested anything more than forkies this year so far. Congrats to you and your buddy.
cool.gif

MAN that story sounds like the Deer were big
wink.gif

Just kidding bud, Like i said at your office today, KUDOS MAN !!! I'm still on TAG SOUP
eek.gif
eek.gif

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back