Caribou Gear Tarp

Confident in Accubonds for Elk?

I've never counted the number of death by accubond, in the elk size range, including moose, bears, caribou, elk, and african critters. Used in a multitude of cartridges, but many were shot with either a 7mag or 280, both pushing 160 accubonds. Truck loads of deer, sheep and other medium game. They flat out work, every time... course I shout about a dozen elk with Sierra Game Kings that worked also flawlessly. :rolleyes:

I took a frontal chest shot on a 6pt bull, with 7mag 160 accubonds, range was about 90 yards in the timber. I dug the bullet out of a round steak when I was cutting him up. I've never seen that much penetration with a bullet before, bigger or smaller...

ABs, NPs and E-tips are all I use. Because I am a lung shooter and I love the through and through results I get on a multitude of ranges!

P.s. minimal meat damage
I would agree minimal damage. This is the entrance side and I've never had another perform like this, many dozens of critters later. I found the bullet under the hide on the opposite side. Super weird performance... I may have hit a twig, but he was standing in a clearing with just a little bitter brush. Even with such a large hole, there was very little to no blood shot in the meat. I trimmed around the edges and it was good to go.

Snuck up on this buck to 70ish yards, shot with a 280 and 140 accubond. I don't shoot 140s anymore, and have not seen meat damage like this again either.

hole1.jpg

160 grain Accubond from my 7 mm RM on elk, Yes, I've done that along with 3 Caribou, a Musk ox, and a pile of African critters, but I've never shot an animal at over 350 yards.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCEAB
Back