NEW SITKA Ambient 75

Concealed Weapons Permit; Have one?

Spitz

Reading about that tiger mauling made me think about it. I have a valid one out of Utah, it's good in a bunch of states including Montana, so I haven't gotten one here. But I never carry except on road trips and then it's just in the truck, not on my person. Could certainly be a lifesaver at the right time though. It's doubtful a .40 would kill a tiger, but give me half a dozen shots or so and it'll be close. :D Glad it wasn't my family at the zoo that day. :(

A lot of places like this (stadiums, amusements parks, etc.) check all bags and prohibit even CCW holders from carrying on their premises. Some city parks even have signs up that all weapons are prohibited. I ignore them, but I'm not sure how legal I am when I do so. MY reasoning is that I have a statewide permit, issued by the County Sheriff in accordance with State law,,,

A lot of places like this (stadiums, amusements parks, etc.) check all bags and prohibit even CCW holders from carrying on their premises. Some city parks even have signs up that all weapons are prohibited. I ignore them, but I'm not sure how legal I am when I do so. MY reasoning is that I have a statewide permit, issued by the County Sheriff in accordance with State law,,,

So what you are saying is "they will never take you alive":D

According to the article I read, .40 cal handgun fire was what killed the tiger. Probably twenty or thirty rounds of it.
Hey Cali, how fast could could you shoot a bill drill, or El Presidente with a pissed off 350 lb tiger coming at you ?
Theres a new IPSC stage for you. "Tiger shoot"

So how many of you guys think a .40 bullet to the skull wouldn't drop a tiger?

I don't doubt that it would. I think the questions would boil down to: distance of the shot and if the tiger is moving, then, if it's moving at you at 30 mph and not in a straight line would up the degree of difficulty. Not for me of-course, I'm talking about the average person. :D

I used to have one but AK went to not needing one so.....

As for a .40 against a tiger, hell yeah I would use it if its what I had. As long as it stops the attack, I will be happy. If it would turn it to give me more time to put a mag into I'm for it, more holes to bleed from. Although a first shot kill would be the best (duhh).

Wifey carries one of those little .40's :)D ) , those sig 229's are nice for carry.

I have one/... but jsut because in Canyon county I can jsut go down to the Sherifs office and get one :D I was pretty sure that would not be that way for ever. I don't have a sidearm though any more. Probably not going to get one. CW licence is good if you're buying a rifle though. Saves the headaches and the time to take one home with you that day.

I have had one for the last 12 years. It is legal to carry a loaded gun in the glove box, under the seat or on your side here so not much need for it. I sometimes carry concealed but not too often. I have always had a pistol in my glove box and in my drawer at work. I like to have one on me at the boat ramps and campgrounds. No way will you ever have the right to carry in SF and if you get caught you will be the cornhole queen at Folsom.

Wouldn't it be dangerous (to the cages animals anyway) to allow Texans to carry a weapon into a zoo? ;-)

I have one don't usually carry on my person but usually have my 40 in the truck and is also nice for buying. LIL

cali, yes it does, sign or not. Its called concealed carry. dont tell no one your carrying and your fine. If you have to use it, its easier to ask for forgiveness than beg for permission.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WMNhunter09
Back