Compare Swarvoski SLC 10X42 binos with ??

F250

I handled a buddies Swarvoski SLC 10X42 binos last week. I have used various "under $400.00" binos for work and play my entire life. This was the second time I have ever used that brand. WOW !! Then I checked out some prices. Again : WOW !! Does anyone have experience with a brand of 10X42s that compares with the Swarvoski ? I'm certainly aware that you get what you pay for in the optics field. I guess I'm trying to justify spending that kind of money, and perhaps find a comparable 10X42 a bit cheaper. The Swarvoski's made my Leupold Cascades look like a child's toy !!

The various Nikon Monarchs are fairly good.
I’ve had a pair of Swaro 8x30s for years and have really enjoyed them. They go on every hunt, even archery tree stand sits. Hunters spend a lot of money on rifle scopes, but often cut corners on binos. I never really understood that, as you’ll get much more usage out of a quality pair of binos.

I bought the 10x50 SLCs back around 2000 and have never looked back. back then you could get them for around $1100 brand new .
lieca is not bad but I prefer my swarovs
I know they are not cheap but they do last , I used to but the cheap brands ,(leuopold, Nikon, ,tasco , bushnell) and had to replace them every year or two. if it is at all possible for you to afford them now , do it! you will save a ton of cash in the future.

only issue I have ever had with my swarovs were the eyecups wearing out . both times swarovski sent me replacements ,no charge ,within a week. they are a stand up ouitfit.and I can only imagine they have been improved upon in the past twenty years,

Zeiss conquest are comparable on image quality but SLC’s are brighter in low light, Leica Ultravid’s are also comparable, but around the same price. Zeiss is a better option if money is a issue but I recommend saving money for slc or ultravid’s.

I agree, I forgot about mavens their 15x56 Bino are excellent, a friend of mine has some B 4’s. Good bang for your buck vs vortex and other mid range brands

I lucked into a good buy on 10x42 SLC’s while using a good pair of Minox. Sold the Minox to a good bud cheap, used the SLC’s a few seasons til parlaying them into a pair of 10x42 EL Swarovisions which I’ve been using about 10 years. Definitely improved seeing game out west.

I don't think anything compares to Swarovski, I am biased as I have Swarovski. What ever your budget is, go try them all out see what your eyes like best. Just dont look at them inside the store. Different type of light make them go outside and let you look at them outside. You will see the biggest differences at dawn a dusk. Good luck.

I would demo some Maven B.2s, you can try them for 15 days. A lot it reviews stacking them against Swarovski, and they run around $1000. The B.2s specifically
Zen ray glass is not too shabby. But stacking vortex or maven (both zenray glass) against Swarovski? If the swaro guys were handed a pair of razors for a day I think they’d be disappointed.

Which SLC? I'm assuming the Habicht pre-HD generation? If so the Meostars should be right in there. The Zeiss Victory T* FL is right there too, maybe a notch better than the non HD SLC, though I've never looked through both on the same day...they can be found in the $800-$900 range.

I have the SLC’s in 10x42. I love them. Last year was my first year with them and I upgraded from a 10yr old pair of Nikon Monarchs. Night and day difference. They are worth every penny in my opinion, especially if you can get them on sale.

Zen ray glass is not too shabby. But stacking vortex or maven (both zenray glass) against Swarovski? If the swaro guys were handed a pair of razors for a day I think they’d be disappointed.

I wouldn't compare any Vortex glass against Swarovski, nor did I suggest so. I believe Zen Ray was made in China, not Japan. Correct me if I'm wrong. The mavens are assembled in the USA, not China, and the model I suggested (B.2) uses a Abbe-Koenig prisms and Japanese made Kamakura glass that will transmit more light than any Schmidt Pechan by virtue of its design, at the cost of a longer binocular.

OP was looking for something that compares favorably to Swaros, and out of anything I know of that doesn't cost as much as a Swaro, those would be the only specific binos that remotely compare. I used to be a big fan of Vortex as a price point binocular, but I've had to use their warranty too many times. I'm going to be switching to Maven. Eventually I will upgrade to Swaros, but there are other things that take priority, and the diminishing returns at double the price just isn't there for me at this time.

I wouldn't compare any Vortex glass against Swarovski, nor did I suggest so. I believe Zen Ray was made in China, not Japan. Correct me if I'm wrong. The mavens are assembled in the USA, not China, and the model I suggested (B.2) uses a Abbe-Koenig prisms and Japanese made Kamakura glass that will transmit more light than any Schmidt Pechan by virtue of its design, at the cost of a longer binocular.

OP was looking for something that compares favorably to Swaros, and out of anything I know of that doesn't cost as much as a Swaro, those would be the only specific binos that remotely compare. I used to be a big fan of Vortex as a price point binocular, but I've had to use their warranty too many times. I'm going to be switching to Maven. Eventually I will upgrade to Swaros, but there are other things that take priority, and the diminishing returns at double the price just isn't there for me at this time.
You did say there were a lot of reviews stacking them against Swarovski. And if he wants something that “compares favorably” to Swarovski, it’s not vortex or maven. Meopta, Leica, or Zeiss.

I have Leica Ultravids that are wonderful. If you're really in the market, check out the new Leica Noctivids!!! Did I say they will set you back $2,600.00. JM

You did say there were a lot of reviews stacking them against Swarovski. And if he wants something that “compares favorably” to Swarovski, it’s not vortex or maven. Meopta, Leica, or Zeiss.

The word "Vortex" didn't appear anywhere in my post, so I have no idea what you're talking about.

Anyways, I would suggest comparing all of those side by side, along with the Mavens. The Abbe-Koenig prism does something special, if you don't mind the larger size. Can't go wrong with a 15 day demo, maybe you'll see a huge benefit to the Swaros and it'll avoid any buyers remorse if you go that route.

I compared the SLC to the Zeiss Conquest HD and although the SLC was a little better I couldn’t bring myself to spend the purple hundred extra. I found a pair of 4 month old Zeiss Conquest on eBay and got a great deal on them. The Meopta is also a great choice for that price range as well.

I the SLC are the best value in glass you can get. They hold their own against Els, Geovids, noctivids and Ziess HT and SF at about 1k less.

If I was on tight budget I would stick with SLCs.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back