Coming home to Western MT

MTThrower

Longtime lurker originally from Billings MT. I have lived my hunting fantasies vicariously through Randy and crew as I have spent the better part of a decade bouncing around the country for med school and residency. Lived in Missoula for quite a few years and just took a job back there starting summer 2022. After years of having a total of 1 week off to head back home for hunting, I'm looking forward to full seasons with a 4 day workweek and access to lots of public land. And not being broke any more.

@MTThrower

Re delayed gratification.….. I’ve seen way too many (finally!!) gainfully employed physicians/dentists go crazy with the income and decide that it’s ok to add to the debt pike with cars, homes etc etc.

Don't lose your self control, and congratulations on the new position.

@MTThrower

Re delayed gratification.….. I’ve seen way too many (finally!!) gainfully employed physicians/dentists go crazy with the income and decide that it’s ok to add to the debt pike with cars, homes etc etc.

Don't lose your self control, and congratulations on the new position.
Ya I just got a signing bonus and it's been hard to resist thinking it's time to get all of my dream gear. My one splurge was my first ever set of high-end technical camo but so far I've been able to resist the urge to buy a pair of Swaro binocs and a drift boat. Gotta pace myself. The student loan debt is real already unfortunately but the one plus is I've learned to live pretty cheap into my mid-30s.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalton14rocks
Back