Colorado unit 76 archery help... please

Abes

Hi all,
CPW called today and said someone turned in their tag and I’m next in line. So I’m elk hunting 76 this year. Super excited but since I was planning on going OTC I didn’t, and can’t, scout at all. So, I have some idea of where to go thanks to friends and a camping trip down that way a couple of years ago, but any info anyone would be will to share would be greatly appreciated!!! Open day is less then 2 weeks away... Thanks in advance

Welcome to Hunt Talk. Just an FYI its common courtesy to introduce yourself prior to asking for unit advice....

With that being said, I would check out Onx maps and start your eSouting. There is a whole series from Randy on how to EScout for elk.

Good luck and welcome again

Hi all,
CPW called today and said someone turned in their tag and I’m next in line. So I’m elk hunting 76 this year. Super excited but since I was planning on going OTC I didn’t, and can’t, scout at all. So, I have some idea of where to go thanks to friends and a camping trip down that way a couple of years ago, but any info anyone would be will to share would be greatly appreciated!!! Open day is less then 2 weeks away... Thanks in advance
Do you have horses? How far you willing to pack a dead elk?

Sorry about the lack of introduction. I’m a Colorado native that has been hunting my entire adult life, most archery as it’s my favorite method of take. I have my regular spots but have always wanted to hunt 76. I’m not too worried but it’s been my experience that a good piece of advise can make a huge difference. No horses. Frame pack, family and friends. I’m not afraid of heading in deep, worst case I can procure a mule or some horses.

Hi all,
Reissue roulette left you almost no time to prepare. On the up side, you drew w 0 points (y). Now its GO time! If I had any intel on 76 I'd share, hopefully you'll see some PMs. Welcome to the forum!

Shoot me a PM if you need some specifics and we can chat. The reality is pick a basin and hunt at timberline. Fun hunt, but I hope you are in good shape.

My dad and I are from WV and archery hunting elk in 76 this coming fall. We have some info on the unit from a family member that hunted it during the first rifle a few years ago. We have archery hunted elk in ID, WY, CO, and MT over the last 30 years. Any tips on 76 that we can use for this coming fall. We have heard of some road closures, does anyone know of things like this that may help prepare us for accessing different areas?

My dad and I are from WV and archery hunting elk in 76 this coming fall. We have some info on the unit from a family member that hunted it during the first rifle a few years ago. We have archery hunted elk in ID, WY, CO, and MT over the last 30 years. Any tips on 76 that we can use for this coming fall. We have heard of some road closures, does anyone know of things like this that may help prepare us for accessing different areas?
I think I just sent you a PM.

Back