NEW SITKA Ambient 75

Colorado Unit 2 !!!!

Well done, how many points did it take for you to draw? Are you planning on getting up there before the season. I was planning on waiting for rifle but I don't think I would have drawn for 3 or so more years with the # of people with 16 points

I will be going up every other weekend from now until my season starts. I was able to draw the hybrid tag. PM me your number and I will keep you posted on what I find.

Drewbeck, while I can give no input from recent years; I used to hunt what is now Area 201 up on the plateau just to your west, and it's there where I saw hanging in someone else's camp the absolute biggest bull I've ever seen dead or alive, a massive 7x7, so I at least I know there is the potential to produce some great bulls up in the Brown's Park region.

Best of luck and hope you tag a nice one.

Last edited:
Just got back this evening. 8.5 full days in the field. Foggy bull down! I will be posting a trip report and pics and video but right now all I'm dreaming about is a crown and coke

So we went over to unit 2 last thursday to do some scouting prior to the season opening and we caught this guy coming down to a mud hole just of the highway with 3 cows close behind. He came within 100 yards of the road and didn't seem to care that we were there whatsoever.
Not a shooter but we did go back to the area and saw a ton of sign. Talked to a archery hunter later in the season that sat a watering hole and nearby and saw 4-6 decent bulls every evening. The area is thick with elk!

Attachments

• IMG_7788.jpg
    IMG_7788.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 975
  • IMG_7789.jpg
    IMG_7789.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 969
  • IMG_7790.jpg
    IMG_7790.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 977
  • IMG_7791.jpg
    IMG_7791.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 971
  • IMG_7792.jpg
    IMG_7792.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 967
  • IMG_7794.jpg
    IMG_7794.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 976
I should say not a shooter because he is missing his G2 on the left. It was not broken, just missing. He was a solid big bull just missing 18 or so inches of mass

The unit was amazing got to 20 yards on a bull every day! I ended up taking my first bull on the 8th day after working, seeing, and passing on 60+ bulls. I have never seen a bull bark, and scream like in this unit. The front of the mtn was in full rut, the back didn't have any idea it was going on except for the 4 310 bulls that were locked up going toe to toe in the front of the one I took!! Good Times

P.S. when I took my bull in to get processed, I saw a 380+ bull that was taken the day after that greeen scored as 2nd biggest taken in CO with a muzzleloader. Mine will end up in the top 50-60 B&C in CO muzzleloader all time but was nothing next to this beast. Congrats to this guy!

didn't get him but all I have is video show me how to upload it!

Attachments

• IMG_7794.jpg
    IMG_7794.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 893
Just joined the forum and just posted on BTROCKS unit 2 pic's. I have 16 resident pp. Looking hard at unit 2 archery. Did you get your bull at Wanda's or public? Sounds like a dream trip from everyones responses. Any help would be great from you guys. Thanks

I took my bull on public on the back side and below wandas property. It was a hump to get back there but there are a lot of animals and it's worth it. I would have loved to have access to Wanda's on this hunt but was financially not prepared for it. I have hunted Cows on her property several times in years past and it is awesome. There are elk everywhere in the unit but there is an abundance on her property.

Hey thanks for the info. Maybe I could get some details someday from you if you don't mind. Have to figure out how to operate in this forum. Don't know how to PM yet or much else for that matter.

Congrats on your tag. I drew an early season rifle tag for unit 2. I was just up there last weekend doing a little poking around. Went up to Douglas Mountain and north to the Sand Wash. There's alot of private land on Douglas Mountain and not real interested in paying trespass fees. Are there areas on Douglas that are huntable, but not so close to private? I may go up north and do some more looking around. Good luck.

Muleshoe64

NEW Sitka Ambient 75

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fossil Ridge
Back