Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Colorado Unit 2 Bull Muzzy tag

A good friend of mine drew the CO unit 2 Muzzy bull tag after 29 years. I plan on helping him since he hasnt hunted elk in many years. I hunted there years ago and was hoping to visit with anyone whom hunted it for elk. If anyone would be willing to share info please PM me. Thanks
Considering it took him 29 years to draw it that alone should tell you that there's very very limited 1st hand knowledge about DIY hunting elk in the unit. I would be hiring someone for the hunt.

You mean to tell me he has applied for 29 years and hasn't done any research?! If this is his once in a lifetime hunt, I'd probably go with an outfitter.

You mean to tell me he has applied for 29 years and hasn't done any research?! If this is his once in a lifetime hunt, I'd probably go with an outfitter.
He went out scouting the last 2 years but he is not done a lot of elk hunting experience. He has read everything he can on the unit. We plan on hunting every day and just getting as many plans together as we can.

Why do people think you should hire an outfitter because a tag took 29 years to draw? If anything it’s probably easier than a normal elk hunt. Unit 2 is a slamming hunt. Go have fun. It’s a once in a lifetime tag and if he hasn’t hunted elk that much he wouldn’t tell the difference between a 330 and a 360 anyway. They aren’t that different until you put the tape on them.

Why do people think you should hire an outfitter because a tag took 29 years to draw? If anything it’s probably easier than a normal elk hunt. Unit 2 is a slamming hunt. Go have fun. It’s a once in a lifetime tag and if he hasn’t hunted elk that much he wouldn’t tell the difference between a 330 and a 360 anyway. They aren’t that different until you put the tape on them.
I am a DIY hunter and would rather shoot a smaller bull by myself than a big one with a guide. I get more satisfaction out of the hunt. I am pretty sure I can tell the difference in 330 to 360 bulls but my friiends would be happy with either. Plus it will save us a lot of cash. I enjoy planning the hunt and researching the area. Just got a call tonight from a guy that gave me info on the area I didn't know. I enjoy helping others when I can and I have made some good friends with people I met on forums. Thanks

I am a DIY hunter and would rather shoot a smaller bull by myself than a big one with a guide. I get more satisfaction out of the hunt. I am pretty sure I can tell the difference in 330 to 360 bulls but my friiends would be happy with either. Plus it will save us a lot of cash. I enjoy planning the hunt and researching the area. Just got a call tonight from a guy that gave me info on the area I didn't know. I enjoy helping others when I can and I have made some good friends with people I met on forums. Thanks
I hope some old guy that hunted it once and will never again hunt it is willing to help you guys out. Good luck and post pics this fall. I’d go un guided as well!

@Deerhunter6250 why no post hunt photos and a story or two! Unit 2 is an amazing place.

Last edited:
Suggest you try the Search function, included @ no extra charge with your HT membership.

Suggest you try the Search function, included @ no extra charge with your HT membership.
Dude never even posted the bull he killed?

Dude never even posted the bull he killed?

My first bull down CO unit 2 Muzzleloader​

I was the fortunate hunter that drew the Colorado Unit 2 muzzy tag last year referenced in the above posts. I'm not a big social media user so bare with me as I work up to 10 posts. I have written a hunt recap that I will be posting sometime in the future between a busy summer, family vacation, and getting 10 posts on the site. Stay tuned!

@Deerhunter6250 why no post hunt photos and a story or two! Unit 2 is an amazing place.
I am on this sight daily. I had injuries resulting with me in a wheel chair for 3 months last year I turned in the three tags that I drew but I still helped people including my friend in unit 2. I asked him to wright a story after I saw your post and he is in the process of doing it now. So far this year I have helped many people on different hunts and I just ask them to tell me how it went. I love unit 2 and would be more than happy to help anyone that draws a tag there. This year I drew my one and only general tag in Wyoming so I am in the process of researching areas in that state.

I was the fortunate hunter that drew the Colorado Unit 2 muzzy tag last year referenced in the above posts. I'm not a big social media user so bare with me as I work up to 10 posts. I have written a hunt recap that I will be posting sometime in the future between a busy summer, family vacation, and getting 10 posts on the site. Stay tuned!
You can write my story after were done hunting Wyoming general. Welcome to the sight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back