MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Colorado ski partners wanted

but yeah somber note skiing in the early 00-10s was pretty epic and then a lot of people died...

Shane McConkey
Sarah Burke
JP Auclair
Arne Backstrom
CR Johnson
Jon McMurray
Jamie Pierre
Doug Coombs
Tony Seibert

That list a number of other less famous folks I know kinda killed the vibe for me.
This is why it’s better to find it as a 30yo with a touch of common sense and discretion.
It seems improvements in technology and access lead to one big dick measuring contest that ended in skiing off cliffs with skis and parachutes.
That’s way across the line and it’s never gonna end well.
The negative side of growing up with western priv and doing rad shit all the time.
Always chasing the next high.

This is why it’s better to find it as a 30yo with a touch of common sense and discretion.
It seems improvements in technology and access lead to one big dick measuring contest that ended in skiing off cliffs with skis and parachutes.
That’s way across the line and it’s never gonna end well.
The negative side of growing up with western priv and doing rad shit all the time.
adrenalin is a hell of a drug

legit issue for many. Luckily at 40 even short things feel high.
Also, trying something new is a potentially safer way to get that drug than pushing the limits.
I get a rush every time I sink a paddle into the top of a class III. Or come up to the edge of a mtb jump and can't see the landing yet. Or peak over a cliff.

but yeah somber note skiing in the early 00-10s was pretty epic and then a lot of people died...

Shane McConkey
Sarah Burke
JP Auclair
Arne Backstrom
CR Johnson
Jon McMurray
Jamie Pierre
Doug Coombs
Tony Seibert

That list a number of other less famous folks I know kinda killed the vibe for me.
That’s only the two plankers

i refused to get on the wake board at my last trip to lake powell a couple years ago. took a lot of shit for that.

i've concussed myself on the water, i've concussed myself on the snow, one of my knees has taken some bad hits over the years doing many a thing. i realized i want to hike, hunt, run, backpack, and fish alpine lakes late into my life. and now especially i want to do those things with my kids.

for literally dozens of reasons it's become easy to give up the snowboards, wake boards, mt bikes and so on.

i refused to get on the wake board at my last trip to lake powell a couple years ago. took a lot of shit for that.

i've concussed myself on the water, i've concussed myself on the snow, one of my knees has taken some bad hits over the years doing many a thing. i realized i want to hike, hunt, run, backpack, and fish alpine lakes late into my life. and now especially i want to do those things with my kids.

for literally dozens of reasons it's become easy to give up the snowboards, wake boards, mt bikes and so on.
Dude slalom skiing is the way to go, wakeboards are sketchy

R-dubya?
Too far bro.

@DouglasR

Gotta any boat wisdom... thinking about getting something like this in the coming years.

Thoughts on max hours? I could give a crap about looks, beat up the better if it means I'll pay less. Probably rip out the back bench anyway.

But I don't know what I don't know about old boat engines.

View attachment 262249

and if you really wanna brake your old body... I once had a dream of long lining... but I think that time has come and gone.

View attachment 262250
I'm jealous. Been skiing my whole life, but have been a miserable failure at my several times trying to barefoot. Wish I had a boat with a boom. 36, just dumb enough to still do such things.

@DouglasR

Gotta any boat wisdom... thinking about getting something like this in the coming years.

Thoughts on max hours? I could give a crap about looks, beat up the better if it means I'll pay less. Probably rip out the back bench anyway.

Bust
Out
Another
Thousand

Do you like playing roulette? Boat motors always seem to be gambles. I dabbled for a while in college. The best day was the day I bought it, and the second best was the day I sold it.

@DouglasR

I’d try to get something with fuel injection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvrguy
Back