MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Colorado ski partners wanted

Tales of your Tinder dates are far more intriguing…. 😆
Agreed. When does that part of the program start up?

@DouglasR - I need to know where the Tupac sticker is available. My wife's ex has been printing "vail-sucks" stickers for years (has a website, etc) and he effectively uses them as 'currency' at other places (so he says, anyway. But the stickers are still a conversation starter).

My wife's ex has been printing "vail-sucks" stickers for years (has a website, etc) and he effectively uses them as 'currency' at other places (so he says, anyway. But the stickers are still a conversation starter).
I had a “vail sucks” t-shirt when I was a kid. Growing up in the ‘boat, we were pretty serious about that mantra.

Absolutely, depending on the terrain, keep you pace in check, it's a marathon not a sprint.
So I think I’m gonna try to hike to upper slate lake.

@Hem @GrantK @Dsnow9 @wllm1313
@guywhodidthatskiinskioutfishingtriplastyear

Would you guys carry snowshoes or just your skis?

I’m pretty sure this one’s been beat to death but any tips on how to keep water from freezing?
I think I’m gonna take a large nalgene and a Coleman thermos that weighs a ton but is pretty much guaranteed not to freeze.
Prob gonna boil the water before I put it in the nalgene in the morning and stuff it between my bag and tent in the pac. 🤷‍♂️

I’m pretty sure this one’s been beat to death but any tips on how to keep water from freezing?
I think I’m gonna take a large nalgene and a Coleman thermos that weighs a ton but is pretty much guaranteed not to freeze.
Prob gonna boil the water before I put it in the nalgene in the morning and stuff it between my bag and tent in the pac. 🤷‍♂️
I have a hydro flask water bottle, insulates pretty well and it’s lighter than the big thermos.

Do you have ski crampons? If so then no.

You can not put you sleeping back in it's stuff sack and just stuff it around the nalgene, or your puffy if you're not wearing it. I've also just boiled water when I wanted to drink and not packed much of any liquid water. I probably wouldn't ever pack a thermos.

You can not put you sleeping back in it's stuff sack and just stuff it around the nalgene, or your puffy if you're not wearing it. I've also just boiled water when I wanted to drink and not packed much of any liquid water. I probably wouldn't ever pack a thermos.
I carry just enough water and replenish as needed. Not too much of a concern during the day.At night water bottle and purifier in the sleeping bag.

I carry a hydro flask bag with bite valve instead of hose and a smaller yeti water bottle. The hydro flask does pretty well in the sleeping bag at night. If it’s real cold though I just melt as I go and then fill the yeti to give me enough for a couple hours rationing. The yetis I use are 24oz or less. All depends how much water you want to carry and how often you want to stop.

Is the crampon a must?
I don’t have one but if I can find one that will work with my skis I’ll pick it up.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gcporteous
Back