Colorado Seasons

joking aside, most of WY is an easy drive, you can be across the border in 1.5hr from Denver, but depending on what unit you get you could be 2.5 to 6hr, still very doable for even a weekend trip. **tags i pulled for 2021 season, are 5.5hr and i consider that easy after work drive, hunt Sat/Sun, drive back late sunday, plan on doing this 2 weekends in month of Oct between my CO hunts.

why didnt you say you have 6 pts in WY too. in that case i definitely volunteer to throw my 2pt in there as well, i say we average that out to 4 as a group and i do all the driving :) :)
Haha I’m glad I didn’t mention my WY elk points :)

This is the stupid thing about Colorado. You have to pick a unit and season like 6 months before hunting season. You don't know about fires or weather with water or other hunting pressure. That's part of the reason I'm moving. We should get more than a week to hunt with how much NR tags are.

If I am coming that far to elk hunt, I would want to be in the Rockies in September during the rut. Meaning archery or muzzleloader with your points. Then combine it with a Wyoming antelope hunt for the followup or you could always get a muzzleloader or in some limited areas an early rifle deer tag and just make sure to plan for a high elevation hunt. Since you have the time to both scout and hunt the full season, the quality of the hunt experience would be so much better in my humble opinion.

If I am coming that far to elk hunt, I would want to be in the Rockies in September during the rut. Meaning archery or muzzleloader with your points. Then combine it with a Wyoming antelope hunt for the followup or you could always get a muzzleloader or in some limited areas an early rifle deer tag and just make sure to plan for a high elevation hunt. Since you have the time to both scout and hunt the full season, the quality of the hunt experience would be so much better in my humble opinion.
Thanks Bullshot great advice. I also have 6 WY pronghorn points, so like your thinking.

Oh nevermind. It was so they could get their messages up high enough to post a “I don’t want your honey hole but I need your reliable CO OTC archery elk spot because I’m to lazy to even read the regulations booklet” thread.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back