Yeti GOBOX Collection

Colorado Ram 2021

Following along. Good luck and thanks for letting us follow along. I'll be rooting for you.

Good luck on your sheep hunt and thanks for posting here so we can follow along!!! Less than a month to go.

Awesome, simply awesome. Can't wait to follow along. Sheep addiction is a real thing and you've got me flying high. Best of luck and look forward to reading about you enjoying the amazing experience.

Maybe I’m a little neurotic, but with an archery hunt preceding the rifle season I didn’t want to post too much. Loose lips sink ships and all that. But now the archery tag holders are done. And if the other rifle tag holders are gonna be beat me to the glassing spot, they better hurry. I’m leaving the house here shortly. So… here’s the rest of the story from our scouting trip:

As @Sandbrew noted, most of the rams we were finding (and shown in my previous posts) were younger rams. And when you spend a lot of time behind the glass with a buddy, peculiar conversation topics surface. At one point, I commented how I think it’s totally weird on those whitetail TV shows when the hosts name all the bucks. “Mr. Freak Daddy” or “Four-Legged Hercules” or whatever. The names are crazy. Well… eventually, my buddy and I find a ram that stands out from the rest. He is just bigger than all of the others and he acts like it. He kicked the others around and pushed them out of their beds. Here he is:
D1CA568A-CE7D-4342-ABC2-B744A9936804.jpeg01E75046-501D-4094-8004-6F662B40E856.jpeg

Last edited:
Now… if you’re hunting the Missouri Breaks, he’s not gonna be the ram of your dreams, but in this area, where some of these rams winter at 10,000 feet, I think he’s a very nice ram. A good ram in this unit is 160”. I think this guy will go better than that. And this ram became the object of my attention for the remainder of our scouting trip. At one point, my buddy started calling him “Crush Nasty” just to annoy me. So… HuntTalkers… wish me luck. I’m going after Crush Nasty. Whether he’s still there or still alive, I don’t know, but either way… I’m going sheep hunting. Can’t believe it.

Last edited:
Good luck, and thanks for letting us follow along. Just enjoy the hell out of it. It's probably the only time in your life you'll have this (or any) sheep tag in your pocket.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HUNT7503
Back